Where to buy Reproduction MVS Mini Marquees?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

Even though I don't yet have a Big Red (work'in on it) I've started a getting a few MVS carts and Big Bear Shock Boxes w/ cover sleeves.

Where are some good sites to go to for quality reproduction MVS Mini Marquees?

I found this site which looks like they have a pretty good product:

http://emdkay.net/catalog/reproduction-marquee-c-30.html

Anyone have any experience with them?
Any recommendations?

TIA!

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
There are a number of threads with recommendations. Mostly reaching out to a few members on the boards here. Skinny503 makes some really good reproductions.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to reach out to him to see if he's doing print orders anytime soon.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Emdkay is decent quality, a little thinner than the original mm's. They take forever to ship and don't respond to emails. You are probably better off dealing with a member on the forums. I think shadowkn55 stopped making them, but his were really good and you couldn't beat the $5/per mini price.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
OK, I've sent a PM to both Skinny503 and shadowkn55.

Thanks guys!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Emdkay is decent quality, a little thinner than the original mm's. They take forever to ship and don't respond to emails. You are probably better off dealing with a member on the forums. I think shadowkn55 stopped making them, but his were really good and you couldn't beat the $5/per mini price.

It's too bad to hear that feedback for Emdkay's service. The quality looks good. I sent Emdkay an email and I noticed that they are not currently taking orders.

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
An awesome option which I have been using for some time is to get them printed yourself on any sort of plastic backlight film like this stuff. I have a bunch of originals and repros, and the ones I had printed at high quality on the film actually look better and pop more.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
Skinny and Shadow are awesome dudes and will take care of you no problem! I have had quite a few orders from Skinny and love his work. His prices are good and ships them out ASAP when his time allows. Good Luck! ;)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
An awesome option which I have been using for some time is to get them printed yourself on any sort of plastic backlight film like this stuff. I have a bunch of originals and repros, and the ones I had printed at high quality on the film actually look better and pop more.

This sounds like a cool option. Thanks Xionicist. I might go this route.
Where do you find digital versions of the Mini-Marquees that you want to print?
And regarding graphics is there a good place to download high res Neo Geo stuff?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Skinny and Shadow are awesome dudes and will take care of you no problem! I have had quite a few orders from Skinny and love his work. His prices are good and ships them out ASAP when his time allows. Good Luck! ;)

Shadow told me he'd not doing the Mini-Marquees anymore. Maybe I'll have more luck with Skinny.

Battlesmurf

Edo Express Delivery Guy
A bit of an old bump, but is there a good place that's active these days for this kind of stuff? Thanks!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
There's a guy on ebay for awhile now making reproduction mini marquees for around $10-12 a piece shipped I think. I about it recently, can't recall the thread but I think I was told his work is good. Accurate to an original or how close not sure, but good is at least a hint.

It's this guy at this link, put a direct shot to a metal slug x one. Claims they're done on the same material as the original, and it looks at least as fuzzyish as his camera quality is to be fairly solid.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-X-Mini-Neo-Geo-Arcade-Marquee-/231373239753

His site has a complete list but it's an annoying 7 page navigation while an ebay search on the account probably is faster if it's all up there.
http://arcademarquee.com/ (then sort by Neo Geo)

TopTierArcade

Zero's Secretary
His site has a complete list but it's an annoying 7 page navigation while an ebay search on the account probably is faster if it's all up there.

Haha, you're right, the website is a bit annoying but I can vouch for http://arcademarquee.com. I ordered 6 mini marquees for my neo-geo 6 slot and 2 large marquees for my Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat and they look great! Fair pricing, great product, great communication and fast shipping (Yes, to Canada too!). I made a video about this in one of my Neo-Geo 6 Slot restore videos. I would buy from them in a heart-beat.

PGorath

New Challenger
There's a guy on ebay for awhile now making reproduction mini marquees for around $10-12 a piece shipped I think. I about it recently, can't recall the thread but I think I was told his work is good. Accurate to an original or how close not sure, but good is at least a hint.

It's this guy at this link, put a direct shot to a metal slug x one. Claims they're done on the same material as the original, and it looks at least as fuzzyish as his camera quality is to be fairly solid.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-X-Mini-Neo-Geo-Arcade-Marquee-/231373239753

I just got my mini marquees from this guy. They look good. I ordered 8 different ones and they were all full bleed except for Crossed Swords which has a white border.

Make sure you go through his ebay auction to get 4/$24 instead of $10/each

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well theyre that close to 1:1 eh? Now you have my attention. I did not know he had a 4 for $24 deal as I just saw all the $10 ones plus his $15 pack with the 2 cards for the 161in1 he made up. I bookmarked that one just so I could find the guy in the future since it is always relisted. Thanks for the quality heads up, it is good to know as mini marquees some are just very hard to find and can cost a good bit too because of it.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I just got my mini marquees from this guy. They look good. I ordered 8 different ones and they were all full bleed except for Crossed Swords which has a white border.

Make sure you go through his ebay auction to get 4/$24 instead of $10/each
Yea his product is pretty legit. I have bought a few from him before realizing he had the 4/24 deal. Even then I hope the extra money keeps him in business and possibly creating other games. I am in need of a Kabuki Klash,and Karnov's revenge Mini Marquee.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
damn, he doesnt carry Breakers Revenge, son of bitch!

there is a good resolution one one neogeosoft - he will use that one. i think he uses digital copys from the internet most of the time...

just contact him... i ordered some a few month ago and i would say "good" quality...