What's The Connection?

Jonathan

"Corky"
I own an RCA 36 inch TV, which supports Svid, Composite and component. I bought it in January of 2004. But when i hooked up my DVD player to the componet inputs, and played a disc, not a thing came onscreen. Then i tried switching the plugs in the input section, all i got was balck and white or green. Is it possible the soldered connections in the Component inputs could be loose or is it something else? I don't want the nightmare of a new TV, i just want my component inputs to work again.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Corkscrew said:
I own an RCA 36 inch TV, which supports Svid, Composite and component. I bought it in January of 2004. But when i hooked up my DVD player to the componet inputs, and played a disc, not a thing came onscreen. Then i tried switching the plugs in the input section, all i got was balck and white or green. Is it possible the soldered connections in the Component inputs could be loose or is it something else? I don't want the nightmare of a new TV, i just want my component inputs to work again.

Maybe your mother was right.

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Corkscrew said:
What I want is help and advice, NOT bad jokes and insults.

To be honest, mate, I don't think you're going to have much joy here.
The internal workings of TV's don't really fall into the jurisdiction of anyone that I can think of on these boards.

Ask us one about the Neo-Geo ;)

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My bad, I thought you were talking about a neo...

1. Is your TV set to YUV input?
2. Have you enabled YUV output on your DVD Player?
3. Are the cables hooked up properly?

I'd read through your DVD and TV manuals thourouly.