What is the food specialty of your city/region???

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
On occasion, usually a Pow Wow, people cook a whole hog in a pit. I'm not much into this...
[/IMG]

Do they put it on a rotating Spit?

I know people who do that...

One guy was so drunk he jumped up on top of it over the fire and tried to ride it............

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
norton9478 said:
Looks like some shit you'd get at a chinese bakery... Except at the chinese bakery they put shit like pork in there.
Shut your mouth. Steamed pork buns are shit only in the context of being "the shit."

Ten out of ten Kensous agree:
k2k-kensou-k2000.gif

Steamed pork buns are pretty damm awsome.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
"Cincinnati Style" chili is probably our most prominent local flavor. There's two chains here, Skyline Chili and Gold Star Chili, that serve it up.

l_skyline.gif

and

logo.gif

The menus from both chains are similar for their chili dishes and cheese coneys but after that, the menus are like night and day. The chili dishes are served over spaghetti and can be be topped with any combination of shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, and/or beans.

p_3way.jpg

The Classic 3-Way

Then there's the other staple of these restaurants, the cheese coney. These are hot dogs on a bun, covered in chili with mustard, diced onions, and shredded cheddar cheese on top.

p_cheese_coney.jpg

The Cheese Coney

It's been my experience that people either absolutely love or absolutely hate Cincinnati style chili. I've taken some cans of it with me on road trips to visit friends in New York State and Chicago and most of them love it to death. Every last one of them though has given me perplexed looks when I mention the chili is served over spaghetti. :smirk:

Like any good rivalry, people here usually are only attracted to one or the other chain. Most of the people I come across tend to favor Skyline over Gold Star. I've no problem eating at either chain and don't have a preference of one over the other. BOTH chains have the same problem in that when you're done eating, it's not long before the inevitable trip to "the throne" occurs and you've got the liquid shits for a few hours. :chimp:

Here's links to the official websites for both chains....

Skyline Chili

and

Gold Star Chili