VideoGames NY is like paradise!!

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Also, before your time here you could actually buy rolls of seals. Apply them to a nice condition game and suddenly it's new. I'm not saying they did that, but as someone who is buying homecarts, you should be educated and aware that that can happen. Ive bought a few games that were NOS with good seals that were clearly opened before. I didnt care cause they were all $50 games, but it goes to show you that it can happen. Never pay a premium for a NOS game from a source like a used game store.

Appreciate You looking out. Yeah I remember the stickers. That was forever ago. This game was in a clear plastic case and separated from the other three AES titles. It was actually behind the stand they were on and I noticed it when he pulled the others out so he reached behind and grabbed it. (A lot of clutter). Kid helping me was shocked at the price posted on it and didn't even know it was there and told his manager when we went up to the counter. He said he'd honor the $70.00 price so I didn't want to leave it and they reprice when I walk out so I bought it. The Asian guy who was the manager didn't look happy when I was getting rung up so it was possible it was priced long long ago, but regardless I had a good experience.

Last edited:

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Appreciate You looking out. Yeah I remember the stickers. That was forever ago. This game was in a clear plastic case and separated from the other three AES titles. It was actually behind the stand they were on and I noticed it when he pulled the others out so he reached behind and grabbed it. (A lot of clutter). Kid helping me was shocked at the price posted on it and didn't even know it was there and told his manager when we went up to the counter. He said he'd honor the $70.00 price so I didn't want to leave it and they reprice when I walk out so I bought it. The Asian guy who was the manager didn't look happy when I was getting rung up so it was possible it was priced long long ago, but regardless I had a good experience.

fZcTIrC.jpg

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Lol get off your ass, go down there then and prove me wrong. Probably 25 minutes by subway from queens.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
All this back and forth aside Id like to say that I used to work at VGNY over a decade ago at the OG location around the corner and while any NYC'r knows buying anything in Manhattan is over priced "collectables" are among the most over price. That said Julio was selling Master system games complete in great shape for 8 bucks there the last 5 years I know cause i was buying them(I'm sure they went up in price the last year or so). And while VGNY can be over priced most of the long time staff are out going and thoughtful they will offer deals and significant drops to semi regulars and all regulars and even friends of regulars. The amount of stuff i was handed over the years I can't even list and most of the guys had no clue I ever worked there as I never felt inclined to mention it. They do a buy 2 used get 3rd free every summer ( and maybe other season). They have so much stock most prices will be changed when asked about since they can't get to it all. and the AES carts they've had the last 12 years were mine mostly from when I sold them to the store in 2001. Ive seen them drop a AES to '95 affordable prices when they know they aren't moving stock, at one point they were tossing in free Fami disks and NGPC games every time I bought something. The store and its employees are worth more that than first glance or visit, in NYC we dont always open up to people right away were always suspicious and on guard, give em a second chance .... or don't and miss out on a spot that has survived for good reason.

I always entered to a smile cheer and hug no matter how long I was gone making me feel like i was at CHEERS
VGNY was one of my favorite things about NYC and is one of the spots Ive missed since leaving last year, the acquaintances and friends Ive made there are great people and I've defiantly gotten deals if thats what one wants. Tell Shane and Jay that John says Hi, maybe you'll get a deal.

P.S. I suck at typing my thoughts

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
All this back and forth aside Id like to say that I used to work at VGNY over a decade ago at the OG location around the corner and while any NYC'r knows buying anything in Manhattan is over priced "collectables" are among the most over price. That said Julio was selling Master system games complete in great shape for 8 bucks there the last 5 years I know cause i was buying them(I'm sure they went up in price the last year or so). And while VGNY can be over priced most of the long time staff are out going and thoughtful they will offer deals and significant drops to semi regulars and all regulars and even friends of regulars. The amount of stuff i was handed over the years I can't even list and most of the guys had no clue I ever worked there as I never felt inclined to mention it. They do a buy 2 used get 3rd free every summer ( and maybe other season). They have so much stock most prices will be changed when asked about since they can't get to it all. and the AES carts they've had the last 12 years were mine mostly from when I sold them to the store in 2001. Ive seen them drop a AES to '95 affordable prices when they know they aren't moving stock, at one point they were tossing in free Fami disks and NGPC games every time I bought something. The store and its employees are worth more that than first glance or visit, in NYC we dont always open up to people right away were always suspicious and on guard, give em a second chance .... or don't and miss out on a spot that has survived for good reason.

I always entered to a smile cheer and hug no matter how long I was gone making me feel like i was at CHEERS
VGNY was one of my favorite things about NYC and is one of the spots Ive missed since leaving last year, the acquaintances and friends Ive made there are great people and I've defiantly gotten deals if thats what one wants. Tell Shane and Jay that John says Hi, maybe you'll get a deal.

P.S. I suck at typing my thoughts

Glad to see you enjoyed that place as well. According to dosdemon we are full of shit though because he knows all....:thevt::thevt:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Glad to see you enjoyed that place as well. According to dosdemon we are full of shit though because he knows all....:thevt::thevt:

Hey everyone has an opinion and to be fair in all the years I've been their there was a employee once that made me cringe every time I walked in the guy was an arrogant cheese grader asshat but he left a few years back to work in a Comic shop in Brooklyn where last I heard he still airs his heavy opinions over your questions and thoughts.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
all I've gotten from them in 10 years of buying current-gen imports (which are priced the same as any other new game place) and arcade stick parts (ditto) is cold disinterest. no freebies, no whatever it is you got from them. maybe I wasn't buying enough high profit margin items to matter to them. then again, I didn't work there. Occasionally I'd ask about some used game only to find it it was ludicrously overpriced, nicely ask if we could work something out and was flatly denied usually with "the boss never allows that". I'm well known and liked in other area shops (where much shit talking of VGNY goes down, I swear -everyone- has some story about how this place tried to scam them) and do get those things so idk if the problem here is me. perhaps I should have worked for them first to see the good side

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
Hey its not the same for everyone I hear yah, I felt the same way word for word about "8bit and up" aka the former Game Trader when they moved from Union Sq over on to St Marks, the staff were asshats the prices blew and I first hand witnessed them talk down to children for fun , but I'm sure theres people that would tell me how nice they are, and everyone loves someone am I right?

I wish you and anyone else had the same experiences i did in VGNY and like I said the employees that have been current the last 12 yrs didnt know I worked the old location ( short timer anyway).
If I was still in NYC id offer to walk in with you or any NG.com'r to give you a view of my experience there and to pass on my good fortune on to you. Sounds like you have your spots locked up anyway plenty o places for better prices in the Naked city for those that know where to look am I right.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

$70 for Sam spirits 2 is alot, even if its NOS ..its like a 30-40$ game.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
ebay sucks...american version is worth about $160 but not the japanese version..only fatal fury special Jpn rivals how common it is.

http://skywaypro.bravehost.com/neogeoaes.html

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...-2-ng-aes-used-damage-box--4964808100620.html

Cheers

Those sites you sent me have them listed between 35-40 for a used copy that's without shipping. I paid 70 for a brand new copy in excellent condition with the seal still intact. It was a great deal. Like I said there is one new version I can find and its on eBay for 160. I'm not talking used in talking new.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
ebay sucks...american version is worth about $160 but not the japanese version..only fatal fury special Jpn rivals how common it is.

http://skywaypro.bravehost.com/neogeoaes.html

http://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japa...-2-ng-aes-used-damage-box--4964808100620.html

Cheers

Shipped fro HK (where skywaypro is located) to US will cost you $15 - $20
Normally ppl will take SS2 (excellent condition) instead of sunfade one
Total will be $60 plus if you want to paypal gift or 4% fee

Nin Nin no longer has in stock.

I dont know man........you do the math

Last edited:

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary
Hey its not the same for everyone I hear yah, I felt the same way word for word about "8bit and up" aka the former Game Trader when they moved from Union Sq over on to St Marks, the staff were asshats the prices blew and I first hand witnessed them talk down to children for fun , but I'm sure theres people that would tell me how nice they are, and everyone loves someone am I right?

I wish you and anyone else had the same experiences i did in VGNY and like I said the employees that have been current the last 12 yrs didnt know I worked the old location ( short timer anyway).
If I was still in NYC id offer to walk in with you or any NG.com'r to give you a view of my experience there and to pass on my good fortune on to you. Sounds like you have your spots locked up anyway plenty o places for better prices in the Naked city for those that know where to look am I right.

Personally I don't care what happened to you at 8-bit, all that place is good for to me is hanging out in and talking to other customers/staff, they have their own problems, like having nothing I or any other person who's been doing this for a while would want to buy. I would not recommend that anyone here go there either, unless you like dusty common NES and Genesis games. I have no stake in their game. It's funny how petulant you sound here though

e:

$70 for Sam spirits 2 is alot, even if its NOS ..its like a 30-40$ game.

He didn't get it for $70, look at the contrived ass paragraph he wrote explaining how he got such an "aweseome" deal when I said I'd go look for more NOS games there. They never leave old stickers on stuff and if they're unsure about a price they tell you to wait a few minutes and look it up on the spot.

EDIT: And hiding a more valuable NOS game behind shitty used stuff lmao. These people wouldn't have lasted as long as they did if they did stuff like that. They put valuable/desirable shit front and center and price it accordingly, they're not some dumbass thrift store. You have to be shrewd as fuck to last that long selling old video games in the locations they've been in.

Last edited:

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Personally I don't care what happened to you at 8-bit, all that place is good for to me is hanging out in and talking to other customers/staff, they have their own problems, like having nothing I or any other person who's been doing this for a while would want to buy. I would not recommend that anyone here go there either, unless you like dusty common NES and Genesis games. I have no stake in their game. It's funny how petulant you sound here though

e:

He didn't get it for $70, look at the contrived ass paragraph he wrote explaining how he got such an "aweseome" deal when I said I'd go look for more NOS games there. They never leave old stickers on stuff and if they're unsure about a price they tell you to wait a few minutes and look it up on the spot.

EDIT: And hiding a more valuable NOS game behind shitty used stuff lmao. These people wouldn't have lasted as long as they did if they did stuff like that. They put valuable/desirable shit front and center and price it accordingly, they're not some dumbass thrift store. You have to be shrewd as fuck to last that long selling old video games in the locations they've been in.

That's your response? FinalbossNYC was pretty cool just now to you and you act like a Cock. Keep being important in your shithole in queens because you know everything and go the best Videoganes stores. Maybe your personality sucks so they don't give a shit to go out of their way for you. I'm sure your face just oozes friendliness and humbleness. I'd want to help you too.

Last edited:

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor

e:

That's your response? FinalbossNYC was pretty cool just now to you and you act like a Cock. Keep being important in your shithole in queens because you know everything and go the best Videoganes stores. Maybe your personality sucks so they don't give a shit to go out of their way for you. I'm sure your face just oozes friendliness and humbleness. I'd want to help you too.

Desdemona sorry if it came off that way not my intention I'm the worlds worst thought to keyboard guy, this is turing in to a fight so ill walk away and say sorry if I upset you with my poor explanations.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy

e:

Desdemona sorry if it came off that way not my intention I'm the worlds worst thought to keyboard guy, this is turing in to a fight so ill walk away and say sorry if I upset you with my poor explanations.

Thanks for telling me and other members of your good experience and personal knowledge of the store. Don't apologize because he's a cock. Fuck that.

dosdemon

Zero's Secretary

You sure ooze friendliness and humbleness here, unless you have some stake in them people shit talking a store you like shouldn't upset you this much. They'll be fine no matter what is said here, plenty of stupid hipsters to rip off in that hood. You're right that I do know what the best video game store is, it's called the internet and if you're not buying high priced stuff there you might be retarded. Also you're from Jersey, keep that in mind every time you mention one of the boros :lol:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I nominate Waverider2049 for worst n00b of 2016.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
I nominate Waverider2049 for worst n00b of 2016.

I nominate you to shut the fuck up. You put a watch and a car key on a piece of paper you printed out that says "guess I do pretty well for a part timer at Walmart" then took a picture and posted it on the Internet in a video game argument that you should never have been apart of as you don't own any AES games. You are a fucking tool with thin skin. You Jealous fuck.

Last edited:

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
You sure ooze friendliness and humbleness here, unless you have some stake in them people shit talking a store you like shouldn't upset you this much. They'll be fine no matter what is said here, plenty of stupid hipsters to rip off in that hood. You're right that I do know what the best video game store is, it's called the internet and if you're not buying high priced stuff there you might be retarded. Also you're from Jersey, keep that in mind every time you mention one of the boros :lol:

You think Jersey sucks? Unless you are in Howard beach then you live in a shithole. I know because I have a ton of family who live in Howard Beach and who also moved out of Richmond Hill, Jamaica and more onto Long Island and into NJ. Enjoy the shit you live in.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
look at this friendly and humble guy totally not having a meltdown

First, I Guess I was right being that you folded on the living area argument. Second, I'm Only friendly and humble to people like FinalbossNYC who have positive contributions to threads with meaningful debates. Not people that just talk shit like you. You took it personal that some people on here like a place that you and your nerd friends at 8bit and up or whatever it's called talk shit about. If you just disagreed politely I wouldn't have had a problem. That's the point and that's why I'm a dick to you and people like you.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
come on, cut Waverider2049 some slack, at least he brought the funtimes back ^^