Video Interference on Cab...HELP!!!

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Hey Y'all...

Ive got a Capcom Impress 29" cabinet. Ive got some very minor wavy interfernce lines on the screen. They are only noticeable with a black background. It was factory wired and I did some stuff to make jamma+ adaptors. Could this be a ground problem??

The only ground stuff Ive done, is I ran 4 grounds from the CP into 2 molex positions. This was to get all 4 on the jamma harness as the factory had the extra button grounds going to the CPS-2 jamma+ connector that was included. The only ground that I left on the CPS-2 connector was the volume one...

Any info or ideas would be much appreciated. Its not that major, but as Im sure most of you are the same, I look for it every time and its EXTREMELY annoying.

Thanks!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Check your +5 reading. It is probably a little low. I had the same problem, my power supply was going and needed to be replaced. If not, check for grounding issues or if you have any other major applicances on the same circuit (like Dishwasher, A/C, etc...) that could cause some interference when they are on.

-Nick

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Does the fact that I doubled up the grounds mean anything?? Is that setting me up for potential problems??

I will check the reading...if low, is there a way to adjust it? My power supply can't be going dead since it's brand new.

Thanks for the help.

Bump for me...is the +5 the only possibility??

<small>[ February 10, 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Neo NooNaN ]</small>

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
bump...I have the same problem with my Impress...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Try running a seperate ground wire from the jamma/mvs edge connect and the chassis of the monitor.

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have already fully recapped the chassis but the problem stll there....bytheway I will check all gnd wires inside the cab...

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
run one extra wire from the board set ground to the monitor ground.

"London to a brick" it fixes the problem ;)

Last edited:

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have connected the gnd point on power supply directly to the GND video wich comes from jamma connetor to the monitor pinouts....the problem still there.