VGA/RGB MVS Help

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Well I'm eventually wanting to consolize my 2-slot and I want to have it output to VGA. Now I know VGA is basically RGB so would it be possible to take the RGB+sync lines from the 2-slot and feed it directly to VGA? I know VGA has a H/V sync and from what I can tell the 2-slot only has 1 sync line. So how would I accommodate both sync lines? Is there anything else I should look for like refresh rates or sync frequencies?

Sorry ahead of time if this is a noobish question, but I am sort of new to this and didn't really find the answer I was looking for anywhere. Also thanks for any help anyone can provide.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Your MVS puts out 15khz RGB

VGA is 31khz+

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
You can purchase a 15khz rgb to vga scaler and do it that way.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
Scandoublers are quite expensive. Heres an example of a decent one: http://www.highway.net.au/parts/converters/1488.html

You'd be much better off getting a nice CRT TV for that sort of money.

Well I was trying to do it cause I happen to have/be around a lot of televisions with VGA inputs so if there was a way to do it then I probably wouldn't mind the price as long as it didn't get too pricey....plus it's a fun little project.

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
You'll find that 99% of TV's unfortunately won't sync to 15khz via the VGA port.

Mithos

Zero's Tailor
You'll find that 99% of TV's unfortunately won't sync to 15khz via the VGA port.

Hmm...I figured that much so it might really just be less expensive and easier to go with a rgb-> component encoder. Though I am still curious as I'll probably want to get this to work one day just for the experience and all....