VF5 loke test

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
We're about to find out how you fix a game that didn't need to be fixed. A new chapter to a game that doesn't need one. I'm very excited, but nervous about this game at the same time. I bet you $100 I'll never EVER see this in any arcade here in the states in my life, not counting my own. And, with the super monitors they're using, probably not even there, either. :envy:

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I'd love to have been there to give it a try. Although I find it difficult to see how you could really improve on 4.

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
if this is playable over xbox live i will buy a 360.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
kobylka68 said:
I'd love to have been there to give it a try. Although I find it difficult to see how you could really improve on 4.

Exactly. Graphics? Um, sure. Balance... well, from Evo they could have made Goh a bit better, and they did in Final Tuned. This is still the most balanced fighter I've ever played. Graphics can always improve, but I've never thought that I needed more movement options or whatever. Never did I feel I was limited. Hell, there's too much to do. But, I welcome VF5 and can't wait to see what it's like. I hope to god it's still good, as I said before I don't think Suzuki's doing it.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
That's really something to be excited about.

VF4 > All tekkens > all other VFs

If it see a console release, maybe I buy it just for that. VF4Evo is in my list of 5 games that would make me buy a PS2:

ICO
Shadow of Colossus
MGS3
VF4Evo
Ok, 4 games :oh_no:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Wow! This VF.TV sounds a lot like the new spectator mode on Xbox Live... That would be absofreakinglutely the greatest thing ever.

Why can't this country support the arcade industry? :crying:

Edit: I really like the look of the backlit move lists on the cabinet! Are there any other cabinets that feature this? Since I don't have a candy cabinet or any movelists (bar a photocopied one), are most movelists the same size?

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Jeffry and Goh could always use some tweaking to improve them.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
DARK ANDY said:
I hope they add like 16 new Fighters to make me actually care.

It looks like Rey Mysterio is one of the new fighters ( not kidding, check out the vid ;) )

EliteDoomMaster

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Whew, that game looks pretty good graphic wise I just hope the gameplay is good. Wouldn't want some silly game thats like Tekken.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Personally, I've never gotten the hang of VF4 (I own Evo); to me, it always feels really stiff. Maybe it's because I don't have enough time or whatever.

This, however, looks pretty cool. This new stuff (The side attacks, the announcer) make me want to play it.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
ViewtifulZFO said:
Personally, I've never gotten the hang of VF4 (I own Evo); to me, it always feels really stiff.

Funny you say that, because when I go from evo to the Tekkens, Tekken seems slugish. The double taps in VF are fast and effective. It seems so responsive in comparison. I wold say that it's anything but stiff when you get the hang of it.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Man I hope this drops the price of Naomi 2 hardware down a little... Then maybe I'll be able to afford VF4. :tickled:

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
EVIL NICK said:
VF4 ( not evo :p ) runs on Naomi 1, doesn't it? ;)

Not that I've been told. Does it? Cart? I've never seen one... Please tell me more!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Not that I've been told. Does it? Cart? I've never seen one... Please tell me more!

Please don't have him tell you more, as he's wrong. VF4 and VF evo are both on either cart or GD rom. I have the cart of evo.... they are both going for about the same price, so why not just get evo? It's MUCH better.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
I expected more graphical improvement. maybe it just the video.

But hell, if it at plays as good as Evo, it can look just like Tekken 5 or VF4, I don't care.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Spike Spiegel said:
Please don't have him tell you more, as he's wrong. VF4 and VF evo are both on either cart or GD rom. I have the cart of evo.... they are both going for about the same price, so why not just get evo? It's MUCH better.

yeah, but Tuned full kits at coinopexpress are cheaper than evo or 4 so get tuned.