Unported Playlist...all the unported arcade game videos moving forward

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

If Smash and Power Stone had an older brother it would be The Outfoxies.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior

If Smash and Power Stone had an older brother it would be The Outfoxies.

I have never seen or heard of that but I am totally going to give it a shot.
Looks awesome :)

Thanks man, Great vid as usual.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

How did this never get ported home? Damn game is an hour and a half long...way too long for an arcade game!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Spike out and slash out are both games that Sega totally left em scratching my head at as to how they never got home ports. Such a missed opportunity.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
SlashOut was my 1st Naomi game. Cheap as chips, and dumb fun.

SpikeOut is the game that got away. I don’t want to dick w/ jumper settings on my NAC to play it, so I need to cop a Blast. Preferably, this one...even tho it’s unobtanium now.
82be86b30f414dd22c801e08fca8f4e6.jpg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Are those 2 giant fucking speakers to shake your teeth loose while you play????

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
A local arcade center in my hometown had that 4player Spikeout setup with those huge fans/speakers, 4 Blast Cities linked togheter, it was crazy fun, some guys mastered it to point of beating it on 1C, I never managed to get past the bosses of the 3rd stage, the sound in this game was amazing, it must have been one of the first games to implement positional 3D audio, or "environmental" as I don't think Sega the technology to do real 3D audio BITD, but I remember that I could hear the enemies steps and yelling from behind, even when the arcade was crowded on weekends.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
A local arcade center in my hometown had that 4player Spikeout setup with those huge fans/speakers, 4 Blast Cities linked togheter, it was crazy fun, some guys mastered it to point of beating it on 1C, I never managed to get past the bosses of the 3rd stage, the sound in this game was amazing, it must have been one of the first games to implement positional 3D audio, or "environmental" as I don't think Sega the technology to do real 3D audio BITD, but I remember that I could hear the enemies steps and yelling from behind, even when the arcade was crowded on weekends.

1CC?!?! The damn game is dumb hard. I am MORE than impressed lol

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
1CC?!?! The damn game is dumb hard. I am MORE than impressed lol

Yeah, from what I can rememeber there are ways to break the A.I. to the point where enemies just stop attacking you, plus there are some wall hacks and infinite combos, this game has crazy complex crowd management and a few "intrincate" ways of exploiting the "beat" mechanic to break the ranking system;

On a side note, the Xbox "Battle Street" port is the same "Final Edition" with "revamped" graphics (I don't like the duller color pallete) and all strategies work just as in the arcade, this game has a cult following in Japan, even to this day:

+

h9RYCP4.jpg

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Yeah, from what I can rememeber there are ways to break the A.I. to the point where enemies just stop attacking you, plus there are some wall hacks and infinite combos, this game has crazy complex crowd management and a few "intrincate" ways of exploiting the "beat" mechanic to break the ranking system;

On a side note, the Xbox "Battle Street" port is the same "Final Edition" with "revamped" graphics (I don't like the duller color pallete) and all strategies work just as in the arcade, this game has a cult following in Japan, even to this day:

+

h9RYCP4.jpg

Damn a 4P networked Supergun setup? And I thought my setup was complex!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
God, that 4p home setup is ultra big dick status right there. Sick!!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

This game is Chicago AF. Gunfights, horribly violence..:and hot dogs! The trifecta

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Sega coming through for the fans with a port of Daytona 3! Even if they didn’t realize they were doing it...

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I wish the 60 day edit timeframe was longer lol

Anyone remember A.B. Cop? Sega's lesser loved but still awesome super scaler game? Basically it's just Road Rash before Road Rash was really a thing...and it's set in space...and you fight weird monsters that are half "meat", half vehicle.

Typical right?

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

It's Crazy Taxi except with motorcycles. Clearly it was the inspiration behind Taxi

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
Really interesting video. Never have heard of this before.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Really interesting video. Never have heard of this before.

It was a super fun game in arcades. Giant sit down cab with a full size plastic motorcycle as the control inputs

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Probably my favorite Capcom beat em up of all time...unless you ask me next week and I say AvP

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I miss giant cabinets like this. I haven’t seen one since like the mid 2000s. Probably because they seemed to be broken more than they were up and running

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

Sega may get the majority of the “superscaler” credit but Taito could scale sprites with the best of them

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

The best Sega light gun game that includes a giant pile of shit that can harm you