Turntable.fm

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Does anyone use this site? Turntable.fm is a social media website that allows users to interactively share music. The service allows users to create "rooms," which other users can join. Designated users, so-called "DJs," choose songs to be played to everyone in the room in question, while all users are able to talk with one other through a text interface. The service opened to the public in May 2011, and by late June had already reached 140,000 active users. The company uses the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to license the music that is played on the website; because of this, only individuals from the United States are allowed to use the service.

Yeah, totally kinda copied that from Wikipedia because I am lazy. If you want to check it out, I'm usually in these rooms here.

http://turntable.fm/shoegaze_dream_pop_and_more

http://turntable.fm/space_rock_shoegaze_etc

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
i do it with another forum I frequent, its pretty awesome. I'd be down for a NG.com hangout room.

Last edited:

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
i do with another forum I frequent, its pretty awesome. I'd be down for a NG.com hangout room.

I wasn't even thinking about that, but I would love to do this! If anyone else is interested, post it here!!!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
couple of us jamming in here right now. Come join.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
I've been using this on and off for about a month. I'd be happy to join in.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Sorry systm, i lost connection then when i got back on turntable stopped working...I guess I will try to get on later tonight.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
wow. it really might help if the damn site did not require you to use facebook. no thanks. some of us are smart enough not to give our employers a gaping hole into our personal lives.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I think since its still in beta, you have to have a facebook account. Just give it some time and you can sign up.