Trackball help w/ 60-in-1 JAMMA

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
I have a 60-in-1 JAMMA PCB that I have purchased not too long ago. I have tried everything I can to get a trackball working with these boards. Wiring it to the 2nd player on the JAMMA, trying all the dipswitch settings, going right to the trackball connections, both CON3 and CON4, etc. I have tried on multiple boards, so I know I don't have a bad board. Can anyone give me a word of advice? I thought these were supposed to be simple plug and play support? Any help at all is much appreciated, thanks.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does it only support a certain type of trackball?

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
I have read on several sites that it should support at least betson imperial trackballs. I have tried a TB out of Crystal castles, Golden Tee Golf, a brand new Ultimarc trackball, but all to no avail.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
I have tried both ways that are possible. Straight to the PCB itself through the trackball connector "CON3" (i have also tried the secondary one, "CON4") and through the 2nd player up, down, left, right inputs, along with the neccessary 5volt, and ground connections, but to no avail. The best I have been able to achieve is to make the directions of the trackball flicker on the test screen as I plugged and unplugged the connector from the "CON3" pins. Anybody have any hints? :)

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Did you check KLOV? There are a load of threads over there on this very subject.