to the 32x owners

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
what did your 32x come with? I know it comes with a power adaptor, connector cables to hook it to the genesis, those metal plates, and the spacer for the genesis 2. But doesn't it come with a little thing that goes over the edge connector where the Sega CD is supposed to hook up? Because my dad bought me one second hand, and it had all the parts, except the metal plates, but my old one worked without them. But I am sure my old one had the edge connector piece. What the hell is it for?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i got my 32x used but it came with:

32x
ac adaptor
mono av cables
adaptor to use av on genesis1
connector between genesis and 32x
metal thingys (what are they for?)
no spacer tho....always wanted one
and i dont know anything about the segacd port thingy

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Are you talking about the spacer for the SEGACD if you have a SCD2 and a Genesis 1 combo?

K

Kyo 2000

Is it possible to hook one of those babies up to a Sega CDX?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Kyo: yes

...although Sega doesn't officially recommend it. They were going to have a special spacer for the cdx...but I don't think it ever came out. But it does work.

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
No, it went on the little connector port of the geneis, and looked just like the original cover. You pulled off the cover removed the red thing, and replaced it with the all-in-one cover/clip.

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
Isn't that cover there to suppress RFI? I don't know but that's my guess.

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
Hey folks. I just bought a 32x for 4 bux with nothing but the 32x. What do I need? Special avcables a connection to a genesis and thats it? A special ac adapter or will any do? The guy also threw in a NFL QBC for free not a bad deal. All I need now is a Genesis. I gotta control and a Nomad.

And no I tried the 32x won't work with a nomadat least not now.
So what do I need. And is there a site I could get with pics of all the parts etc.?

joe6t.gif

Thanks for the help

Atariguy

Hardened Shock Trooper, ,
You'll need a cable to connect it to a Genesis2, and that and another for a Genesis1. Any Genesis2/Game Gear plug will work.

P

Professor_Mayhem

The 32X does not connect into the Genesis side port at all. All you do is plu it into the cart slot, connect the cables and play.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Originally posted by kyoisthekof:
<STRONG>Is it possible to hook one of those babies up to a Sega CDX?</STRONG>

It does work with the CDX, I beleive.

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: Yagyu Jubei ]

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
32X is not even worth all this trouble.

Take the 10 dollars you use to buy these things and take your girlfriend out for some Harveys Burgers instead.