Thinking of consolidating my MVS set up.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ive got a 4 slot (removed the battery) in a Neo Candy 25 with probably 11 or so games. I'm considering selling it and trying to find a small 1 slot and getting either a multi cart, or maybe a NeoSD. Id love a NeoSD but they are pretty damn pricey.

Thoughts?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I think your setup is already pretty consolidated for starters. 11 games isn't too many unless you're short on space. Any specific reasons why you're leaning to sell the 4 slot? Were you wanting to sell the cab with it and go for something like a supergun? An original NeoSD MVS isn't too bad price wise and they aren't difficult to find unlike the MVS Pro. If you did want a cheap multicart, I've got a 161 in 1 I can throw you for a bargain price.

Personally, it sounds to me like you're wanting to expand the games you have access to without having the footprint of a ton of carts, which I totally understand. I'd keep the 4 slot board, though, since it just lives in your cab anyway.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Eh I suppose you're right. Truth be told I havent even turned on the cab in a month or two. I guess I just want the whole Neo collection to play on a cab rather than emulation. Ive got a Retropie'd Arcade1Up right next to it so I have 'all' the games, but they arent running on original hardware.

How are the multicarts functionally? Ive never used one.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Horn, if you are looking for a Regular NeoSd, hit me up. Get rid of all my mvs stuff.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Sadly, that purchase would be down the line. Id have to finagle selling some stuff before that lol. I just got a Unicron and the wifey said no more (expensive) toys for a little while. But thanks for the heads up!

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I get the feeling. I used to own about 10 cabs at the some point, and it can become overwhelming, especially with all the tech support and the space. I eventually sold my cabs (but kept the mvs carts) and now I play on a supergun with an OSSC setup on a big lcd screen. I was scared I would miss my 4 slots MVS, but after a while, you'll get used to it.

I was lucky and got into neogeo when the carts where cheap, but if you just want to play the games, try to locate one of the fixed versions of the multicarts. I own an older 111 in 1 and it covers most of the big titles, and sometimes I just use it instead of pulling out my carts.

Of course, the multicarts are not always the best, it's all documented out there, but it's a super cheap alternative to the NeoSD and such. I mean, you pay for what you get.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Eh I suppose you're right. Truth be told I havent even turned on the cab in a month or two. I guess I just want the whole Neo collection to play on a cab rather than emulation. Ive got a Retropie'd Arcade1Up right next to it so I have 'all' the games, but they arent running on original hardware.

How are the multicarts functionally? Ive never used one.
I've got a 2 slot big red and a 1 slot board for use with my supergun. I actually prefer using the multi or NeoSD in my cab to opening it up and slotting in the two carts of my choosing. I use my 1 slot setup to play the carts I own, so I feel ya on wanting a multi option for your Neo 25.

The multicarts are a good option on a budget. I started out with a 161 on my first Neo setup and it served me well. Some games do have some glitches. The ones I've ran into are Sonic Wings 3 when set to Euro doesn't play correctly, and then the music in Strikers 1945 Plus can fade in and out on my 2 slot. I don't know if PMs are working, but if $35 shipped sounds good for my 161, then it's yours.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I've got a 2 slot big red and a 1 slot board for use with my supergun. I actually prefer using the multi or NeoSD in my cab to opening it up and slotting in the two carts of my choosing. I use my 1 slot setup to play the carts I own, so I feel ya on wanting a multi option for your Neo 25.

The multicarts are a good option on a budget. I started out with a 161 on my first Neo setup and it served me well. Some games do have some glitches. The ones I've ran into are Sonic Wings 3 when set to Euro doesn't play correctly, and then the music in Strikers 1945 Plus can fade in and out on my 2 slot. I don't know if PMs are working, but if $35 shipped sounds good for my 161, then it's yours.
Yeah not sure about the PMs working either but I'll take it. Gonna see if I can send you a PM.