The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
the movie came out tonight, did anyone go see it? I'm going to see it tomorrow but would like a heads up from people who got to see it tonight.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
It is not out over here until next friday, I expect I will go and see it then as I like going to the cinema to watch horror movies rather than wait till they are out on dvd

not expecting much so I wont be dissapointed

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Descent is playing at the dollar movies, might check that out instead because I heard it was actually good.

I think it's fucking retarded there's another Saw.
It's coming out at the end of this month and only yesterday do I hear about it, just like Saw 2.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I just heard about that movie yesterday...I was like...whatever. Not interested.

I was watching the movie..."Motel Hell" last night. Have any of you seen it? What do you think of it?

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I'm a big TCM fan, but I liked the original way more than the remake. I havn't gone out and seen this new film yet, but I'm sure I will while it's still in the theatres. Current generation horror flicks just don't seem to have the raw appeal to me as the older movies.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When I saw the first TCM back when I was around 13 or so, I wasn't scared at all. I literally laughed my ass off when the wheelchair guy got chainsawed in the gut, it was hilarious.

Every TCM has sucked, maybe back in the day it rocked ass but times have changed, and so have the scare factors.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
I was with a friend of mine yesterday and part of today on a little
getaway, and she decided she wanted go see it. There's a lot
more gore than the first one, but it's the same old bullshit.

Jack Burton

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I was at the Fangoria horror convention the other weekend. They had a panel for this movie with some actors and the director. It was cool to talk with them. They showed clips from the film. I like horror movies but this was gruesome in a bad way. It's probably just me. R Lee Ermey was awesome (drill instructor from Full Metal Jacket) to meet.

One movie you should definitely check out is Hatchet. This movie (what I've seen of it so far) is just amazing. They showed some clips of this movie too. I don't want to give much away. Victor Crowley is played by Kane Hodder (Jason from some of the Friday the 13th movies). Let me just say that the whole auditorium of people watching the previews of the movie were yelling and screaming (in a good way) after the two death scenes we watched. We were all thinking "I can't believe they did that!" Now I'm hoping it doesn't get censored too much.

Here's the tag line (found on the poster):

It's not a remake. It's not a sequel. And it's not based on a Japanese one. Hatchet. Old School American Horror.

http://www.hatchetmovie.com/

http://www.hatchetmovie.com/images/poster1.jpg

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
The Descent is playing at the dollar movies, might check that out instead because I heard it was actually good.
it's inconsistent. it's part Kill Bill, part Alien, part Carrie. just that those films where alot better than The Descent. this one sets things up very well, but when you finally get to see the 'cave dwellers' it's quite a big let down.
you can see how starved of good horror films we are when we start rating mediocre (though still enjoyable) movies such as The Descent.

I actually have began to enjoy horror films that don't frighten - wached Ju-On for the first time the other day. it was pretty decent actually. not scary. I think cultural boundaries limit our appreciation of such films as japanese horror, as the significance of the 'horror' is lost on us to a large extent.my take on it anyway. still better made cinema than this.
UKers don't make very good horror films, just okish enjoyable overly witty horror films.

sorry for veering so far from the thread subject.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Tom Wopat said:
There's been two remakes...

talking about texas chainsaw: the new generation with matthew mcconaughey? i don't think that's considered a remake, it's a different family.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
DashK said:
talking about texas chainsaw: the new generation with matthew mcconaughey? i don't think that's considered a remake, it's a different family.

I hated that movie!! :blow_top:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
DashK said:

Link plz

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
DashK said:

Those were all technically sequals I think.

PS. Leatherface with Vigo Mortenson was better :kekeke:

steve11

Morden's Lackey
LoneSage said:
When I saw the first TCM back when I was around 13 or so, I wasn't scared at all. I literally laughed my ass off when the wheelchair guy got chainsawed in the gut, it was hilarious.

Every TCM has sucked, maybe back in the day it rocked ass but times have changed, and so have the scare factors.

Yeah I saw the first one as a kid and it didn't scare me at all, I just laughed all the way through it.

The thing is I do that for all of these type of horror movies, they are never scary. I think I just watch them to see people get maimed.

I'm sure I'll see this one though, it can't be worse then the last remake.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
TonK said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110978/

Renée Zellweger is also in it. :chimp:

terrible fucking movie. but there's some hilarious lines (unintentionally) and it's funny to see such big stars in a campy C movie. matthew mcconaughey's acting is actually pretty good, he plays a great psycho redneck father, it's just the lines are terrible and so is the story.

i picked the dvd up at walmart for 5 bucks awhile back.

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
TCM 1, 2 and 3 are all good.

In that order.

I almost- almost prefer 2 to 1 though.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Two and three were horrid. The original isn't the best movie ever made, but it has qualities that no other horror film before it possessed making it notable.

The remake was alright. Slightly entertaining as far as a horror flick. But if you're a fan of horror at all your just used to that. Rarely does a really good movie come along in this genre. That will probably be the case with this one. I'll download it.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
The original TCM will always be the best!!

If you have not rented the anniversary edition or the two dis set, then you are missing out.

End of discussion.

GAMEFAN

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
subcons said:
Two and three were horrid. The original isn't the best movie ever made, but it has qualities that no other horror film before it possessed making it notable.

The remake was alright. Slightly entertaining as far as a horror flick. But if you're a fan of horror at all your just used to that. Rarely does a really good movie come along in this genre. That will probably be the case with this one. I'll download it.

What is your typebar sig from?