The Shitty Gifts Thread

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I think this will be funny. Name gifts that you think are bad ideas, and why. I'll start:

* Any dancing / signing stuffed caricatures or animals, the likes you see at Walgreens around holidays. Possibly mildly amusing when they were first seen years ago. And then, only once. But do you know anyone who acts wants to OWN one? These have to be the most useless products in existence. Does anyone really think these are funny or cute now?

* Keychains. Seriously, how many keychains does a person need? And how many people do you know that don't already have one that they prefer to use? I'm talking about the kind of keychain you get from Sea World that has your name on it with a picture of Shamu. Why?

ray_7

shirt/shoes/pants.

its 10% chance they'll get the size right, so why bother? i'd rather have the cash and i can go get one myself.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
well.
my brother is all over the place and i never know what to get him.
so a couple of christmas' ago i got him addidas long sleeve shirts.
the same exact shirt for two years.
hard to miss since it had some flourescent spots on it.
but ever since i've been getting him addidas shirts.
it's a joke, for 4 years now.

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I keep reading this topic title as 'The Shitty Grits Thread'...

Anyone else? No?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Some clothing - My dad once got me two of these beautiful scarves, but for one, I don't wear scarves, and two, it doesn't get cold enough in Vegas to warrant them. At first I thought they were table runners, but they couldn't be since I don't have a table yet. :/

I definitely agree with the ties/socks/etc. That just seems half-assed.

Chia-anything. WHY?!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I still have my Best Buy gift certificate

I'd buy something from there if they weren't so damned overpriced (this didn't used to be a problem with BB, they've really gone downhill)

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
shirt/shoes/pants.

its 10% chance they'll get the size right, so why bother? i'd rather have the cash and i can go get one myself.

And an even smaller chanche that they will be the kind that I like.

This becomes evident every christmas.