The Mega !Arcade! Fire Sale

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason,
Not much of a "sale." Real bout for for $50, cart only? I got mine for $25 with an original header. Pricing seems high on just about everything, even for eBay.
 
N

nonstoprock88

Guest
Great find Jubei! Thanks for the info! <IMG SRC="smilies/glee.gif" border="0">
 

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Originally posted by RyoGeo:
<STRONG>Not much of a "sale." Real bout for for $50, cart only? I got mine for $25 with an original header. Pricing seems high on just about everything, even for eBay.</STRONG>

Hehe...I'm using "sale" quasi-sarcastically, I was just shocked that !Arcade! decided to flood Ebay with carts for sale. I'm curious on what's going on with them?

[ June 29, 2001: Message edited by: Yagyu Jubei ]
 

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Those MVS carts were used to test the Phantom-1 convertor. Apparently !Arcade!
no longer needs them. The prices seem a bit high, tho'.
 

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Three Neo cart systems @ $150 Buy it Now, not bad if you need a backup system. Wonder what serial numbers they are . . . <IMG SRC="smilies/eek2.gif" border="0">
 

bugula

Member,
i wish that ebay instituted an "ignore" feature cuz !Arcade! is littering my MVS search with overpriced carts...
 

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
Three Neo cart systems @ $150 Buy it Now, not bad if you need a backup system. Wonder what serial numbers they are

Those cart systems caught my attention as well. I wonder what kind of condition they're in. I found the item descriptions to be a bit spartan for my liking.
 

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
Not a single @#$!ing one of those carts is a Metal Slug 3 MVS. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm seriously starting to doubt it's existence. That's right, Metal Slug 3 does not exist on MVS.....


Somebody please prove me wrong and sell it to me for a decent price <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">
 

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
I emailed !Arcade! and they said that it's the console only, no joysticks, cables or anything.

They also said that all the consoles are guaranteed to work with the MVS converter. So $150 is a decent deal. Shipping is expensive though.
 

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Originally posted by chainsawyak:
<STRONG>Not a single @#$!ing one of those carts is a Metal Slug 3 MVS. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm seriously starting to doubt it's existence. That's right, Metal Slug 3 does not exist on MVS.....


Somebody please prove me wrong and sell it to me for a decent price <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0"></STRONG>

There's one on selling forum. Quick...before someone makes me buy it!!
 

rstreck

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by Yagyu Jubei:
<STRONG>I emailed !Arcade! and they said that it's the console only, no joysticks, cables or anything.

They also said that all the consoles are guaranteed to work with the MVS converter. So $150 is a decent deal. Shipping is expensive though.</STRONG>

I don't think $150 for a console only is a good deal. It seems high to me. Neo power supplys are bitch to find and usually expensive. Probably a minimum of $50 right there. Now your up to $200. Throw in another $20 - $30 for an AV cable or RF adaptor and probably another $45 - $50 for and old style stick and you're up to $280 for a system with no box or manual. I guess it's not terrible, but it's not great.

My .02

Ryan
 

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
$20 (and $12 shipping!! even the shipping price seems high) for bare carts of Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2, Art of Fighting, and World Heroes 2? Yeah, right. Good luck buddy.

Kinda funny scrolling through the list and seeing all the "No Bids Yet" messages though.
 
hmmmm.... I may know how they got those cart systems if people are interested. Please contact me privatly and I can fill you in on what I might know about them.

samuraiX is:
ICQ: 105725144
AOLIM: nacogames
MSN: ncarr@auto-plaza.com
 

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
I got my high serial number Home System on eBay with the AC adaptor and composite video cable for $130 buy it now.

So $150 for console only does seem a little bit higher, but I guess it would depend on the condition and serial numbers.

I guess $150 isn't too bad... I'm sure they'll sell.
 

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Originally posted by BBH:
<STRONG>$20 (and $12 shipping!! even the shipping price seems high) for bare carts of Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2, Art of Fighting, and World Heroes 2? Yeah, right. Good luck buddy.

Kinda funny scrolling through the list and seeing all the "No Bids Yet" messages though.</STRONG>

BBH? Hmm.. did you ever got by Lord BBH?

<edit>

Ah, I see your email address now...you must be the one. I remember chatting with you EONS ago on AOL about Neo Geo.

[ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: outsider ]
 

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
Originally posted by chainsawyak:
<STRONG>Not a single @#$!ing one of those carts is a Metal Slug 3 MVS. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm seriously starting to doubt it's existence. That's right, Metal Slug 3 does not exist on MVS.....


Somebody please prove me wrong and sell it to me for a decent price <IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0"></STRONG>


Oh it exsists... I had two I bought for $350 last December... I guess I need my head checked.. Sold my other one though, sorry, if I still had it I would offer it to you,

-Nick
 

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
Originally posted by samuraiX:
<STRONG>hmmmm.... I may know how they got those cart systems if people are interested. Please contact me privatly and I can fill you in on what I might know about them.

samuraiX is:
ICQ: 105725144
AOLIM: nacogames
MSN: ncarr@auto-plaza.com</STRONG>


Wasn't Arcade buying broken systems a few months ago? Like $50 a pop or something? Looks like he may have fixed them <IMG SRC="smilies/smile.gif" border="0">

-Nick
 
Top