The best feature of Pick n Mix for the 161-in-1

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Simply put, it’s the automatic and randomized 98 different games all playing their attract modes and game demonstrations.

If you’ve ever been looking at box arts or game lists and still haven’t played or tried most of the games, or you don’t like YouTube videos for game demonstrations because you want something more interactive you can jump right into, then the 161-in-1 with Pick n Mix is the answer.

This to me is the currently best way to sample the Neo Geo library and find something new to play. Sure, 98 games is only 2/3 of the total library, but the game selection still represents most of what the Neo Geo has to offer. Just sit back and watch the attract sequences, if you see a game that interests you, you can start playing right away!

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Is this the yellow ("banana") cart? I have one, but haven't messed with it in a while and don't recall noticing that feature.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yes it’s for the banana cart.

If you have a UniBIOS 4.0, you activate Pick n Mix by holding Player 1 start or select on power up. Those are two slightly different operation modes.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's the instant access that gives it some advantage over a flash cart. I got the yellow cart with my cab. I was going to get rid of it, but the Pick'n Mix experience couldn't be matched by anything else. I would have modded the cart too, but I couldn't notice any problem with sound.

Oh yeah, I also really hate that janky-ass menu with Terry that comes up without Pick'n Mix enabled. There's a local Mexican restaurant with an ugly jamma cab that's usually switched off that has that ugly menu up by default. A sad fate for MVSes.

Last edited: