Super Nova adjustments...

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Ive got a SuperNova system and its great. Ive got a MV-1C board and play other PCBs on it as well. 2 questions...I got an MKII board and the display is all wavy, the screen bounces around. Im wondering if there are any adjustments I can do to fix this. Im using s-video to connect. I opened up the unit and found some knobs in there...not sure what they do. Also if there is any way to adjust the size of the screen.

Thanks!!!

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
MK 2 has a somewhat weird output. it doesn't properly match the specs. I use mine via RGB on TV.. on my new sony TV, the picture will run through, while on my old goldstar tv, I get a perfectly stable picture.
don't think you can really fix it other than trying a different TV.

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Thanks!! I tried it on my other TV and the graphics are fine. I think I might have played with the DIPs on it before and now I am getting only 2-buttons working. Any ideas on this one???

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
You should consider that the Supernova is a moody machine that often displays poorly for no good reason on 2D games.

Rigel

The Ultimate 11
Originally posted by Neo NooNaN:
<strong>Thanks!! I tried it on my other TV and the graphics are fine. I think I might have played with the DIPs on it before and now I am getting only 2-buttons working. Any ideas on this one???</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, the MK series, and NBA Jam, and a couple other Midway games use a different refresh rate to display on the screen (or something), so SOME tv's can handle the vertical sync, while others cannot. From my experience, Midway is the only company that's made games with this problem.

As for the buttons... High Punch, Block, and High Kick should all be on the main JAMMA edge, and the Low Punch and Low Kick will be part of the JAMMA+ connector.

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Yea the HP, HK, and block are good. I assume the jamma+ is that second brown connector coming out of my system : ) I tried plugging it everywhere and no LP, LK. One of the sets of pins I put it on had button 6 as reset. Any ideas??

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
that wasn't "reset", that was a short circuit that could damage the system, so I highly recommend you don't do that again.
you'll have to manually re-wire it to work with the right connectors.

Neo NooNaN

Quiz Detective
Hmmm....thanks for the warning. Which ones are the right ones?? The only ones that look like they could be the ones are P3, P4, P16, and P17.