Stupid Shipping Woes

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
Hey guys, i just wanted some outsiders advice on a shipment. not related anyway to any members on this forum. i'm just trying to get an idea for what i should do.

So i bought this pro audio snake from some company on ebay. it's like 33 lbs.
anyway I had paid him $36 to ship it to me in canada. He claimed that he shipped out one already, however a month went by and no word of it, my guess is it's lost in the postal service, or it was never sent at all. So i had him call me and he told me that he will send out a seccond audio snake for me, this time he used UPS.

So it finally arrived this morning, and the UPS guy wanted an additional $37 for "customs and duties"

what gives, if this tardo shipped it Express, or EMS service then i would already have it in my hands without these additional fees.

I asked the ups guy if he could come back on monday after i speak with the seller. so my question is, does this sound right? should i call up this seller and give em hell?
or should i just accept it and be thankful it's over.

Thanks guys.

The Drizzle

Whip's Subordinate
Anything other than USPS shipping from Canada to the US or the US to Canada is going to have customs and duty fees.

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
the factory that my company uses is in canada and whenever they ship stuff UPS we have to hand over a check to the UPS driver for hundreds of dollars. my boss is never happy about it, but that's the way it goes...

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Yep. I get hammered for duties every time someone ships to me via UPS from the states. I pretty much won't use UPS anymore.