Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
15 Year Member
I'm still messing with different settings here.

The most common issue seems to be with games that require Direct 3d. I got Yooka-Laylee and Night in the Woods running by adding PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 to the advanced options in the Heroic Launcher. They're syncing their saves with the Epic store and everything. It's great.

This hasn't fixed 20XX, which is still throwing D3D errors.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That recent Fire Pro...? Probably emulated stuff mostly.
I'll have to look around, I have not installed an emulators on my Steam Deck yet mostly because...emulation isn't something that really interests me that much. I know people are crazy for it but...eh. I mean I guess there is some Atomiswave and Naomi stuff I'd like to play but I have almost zero interest in emulating consoles (okay, I'd like to emulate Saturn to play Shining Force 3 and Dragonforce)

AppleiDog

Fighting Artist
15 Year Member
I'll have to look around, I have not installed an emulators on my Steam Deck yet mostly because...emulation isn't something that really interests me that much. I know people are crazy for it but...eh. I mean I guess there is some Atomiswave and Naomi stuff I'd like to play but I have almost zero interest in emulating consoles (okay, I'd like to emulate Saturn to play Shining Force 3 and Dragonforce)
I'm the same with the emulation I'm just using it for games that I think would work well on the steamdeck or isn't on steam like alien hominid.

AppleiDog

Fighting Artist
15 Year Member
Don't update the latest version. I am getting major freezing on my games. :cry:

fenikso

Mudman's Mask Designer
15 Year Member
No freezing, but my deck will sometimes turn off randomly. Hugely annoying.

Seems to work better after turning off and on again.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Damn, haven't encountered that.

I got a few stutters here and there in a certain section of Stray but that's it. That's the only intensive game I've played, aside from Vampire Survivors which I read has bogged down some people's decks when you get about 23+ minutes in and the screen is filled with enemies.

fenikso

Mudman's Mask Designer
15 Year Member
Damn, haven't encountered that.

I got a few stutters here and there in a certain section of Stray but that's it. That's the only intensive game I've played, aside from Vampire Survivors which I read has bogged down some people's decks when you get about 23+ minutes in and the screen is filled with enemies.
Vampire Survivors is what it shut off during. Kept losing stuff I unlocked. Thankfully after full shutdown, I haven't had problems.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
yeah weird, I hadn't played vampire survivors in a few days. played tonight and unlocked some more stuff and another level (level 5) this game is weird and bizarrely cryptic about how you get stuff, almost like they're trying for a dark souls vibe. Currently trying to figure out wtf is up with level 5.

AppleiDog

Fighting Artist
15 Year Member
I just completed Save room a resident evil 4 style management game. Really good fun.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
i missed my e-mail notification in July as i hardly ever open up my steam account. Luckily they were able to send me another invitation. Hopefully i can get it before my birthday.

Can you use Fightcade on this? How is the pc xbox game pass?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Man I forgot how nice it was that demos were a thing.

Been trying out Death Trash. It’s like a real time pixel art cyber punky fallout. Seems neat. In Early access though. Which I’m not sure what all that means for a single player game.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Got Fall Guys running on the Deck using this guide:

I installed proton 7.15 though instead of the latest 7.29 as some people on r/steamdeck were saying it wasn’t working.

Uhm…I love Fall Guys.

Edit: I did all the stuff in desktop mode on the deck while I was in bed. Navigating the desktop and typing without a KB&M is a bit of a chore.

AppleiDog

Fighting Artist
15 Year Member
Got Fall Guys running on the Deck using this guide:

I installed proton 7.15 though instead of the latest 7.29 as some people on r/steamdeck were saying it wasn’t working.

Uhm…I love Fall Guys.

Edit: I did all the stuff in desktop mode on the deck while I was in bed. Navigating the desktop and typing without a KB&M is a bit of a chore.
Yeah it is quite a chore without the keyboard and mouse but im getting used to it. And my new controllers are on it way. NSW-Tiger-5148001_2_aab1b374-da65-4027-ba0f-a6ec455567f2.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No, I’m dumb and followed a guide. It was quite easy.

I presume I can now install any Ubi Launcher game I own?

Trackmania runs great btw.