SSVS Bugged or not Bugged? What should I buy?

What version should i get?

• Eng Bugged

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Eng Fixed

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Jap Bugged

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Jap Fixed

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

SHO

Raiden's Valet
I want to get SSVS, but i don't know which version I should get

There are now 4 version which should I go for?

So what fault is there for the bugged version, I plan to get the uni2.0 bios if I get the bugged one

Whats missing from the fixed version?

Sorry if this has been repeated, but I don't think there is a thread that listed the whole entire modification to the cart.

If there is a thread for this, please point me to it

SHO

Raiden's Valet
kafuin_gaira said:
this poll sucks. no mvs option, the only one worth having.

yea sorry, but the mvs version seem to cost more than the aes version

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
SHO said:
So what fault is there for the bugged version, I plan to get the uni2.0 bios if I get the bugged one

Whats missing from the fixed version?

You're going to be in for a treat. :D
Sword-slashing heaven...

Bugged, without UniBIOS 2.0:
-All different fatalities have been forced into a slowed-down version of this another special move found in the game. (they didn't even come up with a unique one. :oh_no: ).
-All generic fatalities (you know, the normal end of match splits, etc.) have been removed.
-Also, on the last round, the announcer should shout SHOBUARI! and the music should stop, but instead the announcer say IPPUN (like on a normal round) and the music even continues on to the end of match screen.
-Training mode doesn't go back to training menu, when a dumbed down fatality is performed. (you have to press select)

Bugged, with UniBIOS 2.0:
-All fatalities have been reinstated
-The generic fatalities are back, better than ever. I counted, like, 5 different ones with Genjuro.
-The announcer says the right things, and the music stops at the dramatic moment a character gets in the final blow. Then, at the end of match screen, another piece of music plays, like it should.
-In training, the game reverts to training menu, once a fatality has been performed, like it should.

Fixed, without UniBIOS 2.0:
-Character fatalities are back, but they all have been edited, so that no parts of the body are being severed. Pretty lame.
-Same with generic fatalities.
-Music has been fixed like it should, though.
-And training works like it should.

Fixed, with UniBIOS 2.0:
-No info yet... Most likely the current UniBIOS codes won't do anything different. But I think it's still unverified, if the goodness is still on the cart, waiting for Raz to do his magic again.

So I guess it's pretty much a MUST for any self respecting SamShoer to get the bugged version, with UniBIOS 2.0.

I got my US version at the release, 'cos it has the meg count, and english manual. Plus, it's 50 $ cheaper at the NeoStore, nowadays.

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
kafuin_gaira said:
this poll sucks. no mvs option, the only one worth having.

I think it's pretty cool how we got the full AES game in spite of Playmore's fumblings.

Last edited:

omnedon

Astra Superstar
Can't afford MVS. I went for the cheaper AES. :make_fac: Gotta say that the few times one can! :D

Unfixed all the way. Kick in the Uni BIOS 2.0 and try not to get splashed. :drool:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
finngamer said:
I think it's pretty cool how we got the full AES game in spite of Playmore's fumblings.

thanks man you gave the low down of the everything i needed to know

i think i know which version i should get!

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
finngamer said:

only because raz is da man.
i'm not really hating on those unfixed carts, just a shame what you AES guys had to go through.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
T_Smallz said:

Where did you by your MVS version yet? Is it completely uncut straight out of the box with out have to use unbios 2.0?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Definitely go with the bugged version if there's any way that you can get the uni-bios 2.0 installed.

As for which release you should get, that's a personal judgement call, although most agree that the JPN art is superior. I got the English version since that's mostly what I collect, but I'd have to agree that the JPN art does kick some serious ass.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Grrr...
I've been trying to decide what to get as well, there are like 4 $300 neo games that I want right now and there is no way I can spend that much money. I just picked up Magician Lord and Blues Journy. But those are cheap. I want SSV, KOF2k3, Matra Mele, and SVC. Even though I SVC was kinda a let down. I still want to try the AES or MVS version.

cafu1982

Krauser's Henchman
Personally I Like the artwork on the US version of SS5 special , but you should probably listen to finngamer.

ssvs.jpg

SHO

Raiden's Valet
Tehcno said:
Grrr...
I've been trying to decide what to get as well, there are like 4 $300 neo games that I want right now and there is no way I can spend that much money. I just picked up Magician Lord and Blues Journy. But those are cheap. I want SSV, KOF2k3, Matra Mele, and SVC. Even though I SVC was kinda a let down. I still want to try the AES or MVS version.

out of those 4

your priority is ssvs then kof2003 then svc and then finally matrimelee

just got my ssvs, what a game....

its beyond me why it still hasn't sold out yet

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
it still hasnt sold out cauce you just got the game. i had fun with it for a few days. after that it becomes boring and too limited in the gameplay department. they added tons of options to the game, while they should have been improving the gameplay more. and the art sucks pretty bad. especially compared to 2, 3 or 4. the sprites arent as good as in 3 and the backgrounds are really uninspiring. but then again its just my opinion. i just got the same feeling on this game as i got with rage of the dragons, too rushed and limited in gameplay.

Martha Stewart

New Challenger
cafu1982 said:
Personally I Like the artwork on the US version of SS5 special , but you should probably listen to finngamer.

ssvs.jpg

Sorry, but the JP version kicks @$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ss0s.jpg

TheLastTrin

NEST Puppet
I'm going to have to agree with Martha on this one. The cover art on the JP version is a shitload better.

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
MUSOLINI said:
it still hasnt sold out cauce you just got the game. i had fun with it for a few days. after that it becomes boring and too limited in the gameplay department. they added tons of options to the game, while they should have been improving the gameplay more. and the art sucks pretty bad. especially compared to 2, 3 or 4. the sprites arent as good as in 3 and the backgrounds are really uninspiring. but then again its just my opinion. i just got the same feeling on this game as i got with rage of the dragons, too rushed and limited in gameplay.

I have read your posts before and I know you know your stuff when it comes to fighters but this time I disagree with you on gameplay. It might not be as pretty as 2 or 4 but it has gameplay depth in spades. Problem is you will never enjoy this game by yourself. If anyone is buying this game knowing that it will be played against computer only, don't bother. This game must be played against other players. You won't understand until you try someone who is a challenge to you trust me on this. I think this is the best game playwhore has done yet.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
so I'd like to know if the mvs version is uncensored when you have a usa mvs? I have the game and it's awesome and has nice gore whenever I want some, but I think it might have more. Also is there anything that can be done for the mvs version with unibios?

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
cheaper?

where is ssvs cheaper on aes than mvs? everywhere I see it it's above 200. I got my mvs for 190. mine is a bare cart though. I'm just curious. I looked on ebay and the neostore, nothing there