Some Taito x2 info

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
went through some pain on this so thought I would mention

several months back I won an action on a x2 board

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110269159136&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

it came with Aquarian Age which is a interactive card game. I actually had the oppurtunity to see the setup for it in Akiba last week. it is basicall a dual monitor setup with the bottom screen being the interaction screen and the top screen displaying the game info.

here is a link to the flyer

http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=5369

the game did not come with a USB stick but I do not think it requires one. However it does require a special cab and will not boot up (gives a missing hardware error) so Basically it is useless to me unless I find a cab cheap.

the graphic card it uses is a radeon x1600 pro. here is a pic of the card and drive.

Taitox2aa.jpg

Now I also won a mira Auction for $115.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110269159925&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

here is where the pain comes in. it runs on a 7900gs card not the Radeon x1600 so when I got this it did not work either.

So in talking with the guy in Japan he told me I needed the Elsa 979gs card. Since I did not know if this card was rebranded in the US as something else I first tried to buy a 7900gs with similar specs. So the first card i bought was a pny verto 7900gs, PCIex16, 256mb. this did not work. the system would boot up but when the game launched no pictures.

so since I was heading to japan I thought I would look for the Elsa card. Well after searching through Akiba there were no new cards sold (this is a old card) so I looked at the used cards and picked up a generic ge force 7900gs for $60. I thought being generic it had a chance to work. well needless to say that card does not work either. same results.

SO finally in Osaka I found the else 979 card used at a sofmaps for $65.

Taitox2miragfx.jpg

and this did the trick

Taitox2mira.jpg

now total cost for the Mira setup was still under $800 if you do not include shipping. However I priced the x2 in akiba and they were selling for $700 without the game or extra boards. I still need to buy the IO board but I can get that. and I may be able to recoop some of the money buy reselling the 7900gs boards although no much I admit.

I am not sure exactly what it is about the Elsa 979 that makes it a requirement. I also do not know what other games it will support (I beleive battle fantasy but not sure if a new card is used for SF4 or KOF12). so just something to keep in mind.

here are some additional pics for reference.

inside with the radeon

Taitox2in2.jpg

Io board with Jamma usb connection (seems to be perpriotory)

Taitox2ioin.jpg

memory

Taitox2mem.jpg

just make sure if you buy this setup you get the version with the card included. I must have went to 10 computer shops until i found the card used and they only had the one.

Xenepp

n00b
I don't have any interest in the games for x2 but more info on the hardware would be interesting. I know they run on special PCs but how special are they?