So what the hell is an XCV-P8 board..?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Xian actually that's him re-listing it lol, not last year.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Nice that he was laying it on a rug. Also is it me or are there no chips on that thing? Anyway:

Translation from the top: SNK AM: Production Department Management of Products

<Do not> Disassemble、Analyze, or Sell

Thanks for the translation.
And yeah, my first observation was the same, the device has no logic that I can see, unless they are inside the small plastic shell pieces, but I doubt it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He told me he has a mod for the AES to add backup tam for those game but its strictly a system mod.

Last time I saw a pic of that prototype was almost two years ago. Doesn't seem to have any update on that.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The auction states he doesn't even know if it works or not, the last time he tested that was a number of years ago.

"Not sure if working" probably means "not working".

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Well, 300,000 yen is roughly $3,000 which is still quite a bit of cash to pay for what is basically just yet another version of something we already have several versions of. But to be honest, if it was on eBay, by a usa seller, and the item was 100% confirmed working, I would probably buy it just because it looks so damn "official" to me.

The problem is you have little to no power with an overseas transaction, you have the language barrier, it's yahoo auctions which is always extra work & an inconvenience as you have to work through a liaison, and it's not even confirmed working. So with that set of particulars, as well as a crazy price thrown in, even I would be out on this. For me personally, it just isn't worth the risk.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That converter does look official and could be 100% compatible and probably holds some secrets to making all converters 100% with something simple.