So that hunted demons forge comes out tomorow

evil son

Bead Banger
Anybody getting this? It looks like a sword and sorcerie co op game Gears of war mid evil style. Looks kool from the vids I've seen and dungeon creator looks fun.anybody know if this game has rpg elements to it?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I saw some vids and it looks interesting. I'll let everyone else tell me how it is before I buy it lol.

evil son

Bead Banger
I saw some vids and it looks interesting. I'll let everyone else tell me how it is before I buy it lol.

Ha yeah I feel you on that one.my funds are kind of tight right now but if this game pull at least 20 30+ hours gameplay I actually my get it.
Especially if you could level up the character traits.

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
I'm picking it up tomorrow. I was enticed by the fact that it has online as well as split-screen co-op. I'll try to give some impressions once I've sunk some time into it.

The developer is inXile entertainment, and the last thing from them that I played was The Bard's Tale for ps2, and that was a blast.

evil son

Bead Banger
I'm picking it up tomorrow. I was enticed by the fact that it has online as well as split-screen co-op. I'll try to give some impressions once I've sunk some time into it.

The developer is inXile entertainment, and the last thing from them that I played was The Bard's Tale for ps2, and that was a blast.

Yeah definitely post some impressions Im so tempted to cop this today

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Alright, I've been at it for about 5 hours now, here's what I've got so far.

The game is definitely heavier on the action and lighter on the typical RPG aspects. Don't expect to be building completely different characters, because Elara and Caddoc are who you get. There's only 3 spells and 3 weapon skills for each character, but those can be evolved multiple times and can be tweaked quite a bit (and certain offensive ones can be charged to buff your companion). It does control really well, and certain combat aspects make it a unique experience.

The weapons themselves don't have a lot of differentiation (aside from base damage, speed and meter build) but enchanted ones only hold their enchantments for a certain number of blows, so changing weapons regularly is more beneficial than just finding one really OP one. Shields, which are required to block, have a durability rating and will break if not replaced in time (mid-combat if you're not careful). Luckily, the enemies drop their shields often when you kill them (assuming you didn't destroy it with a spell or well-timed blow).

The atmosphere, voice acting and writing are all top notch, and while it's serious, it never takes itself too seriously. The banter between the to main characters is great, and really keeps you involved when just trekking around. While the game is very linear, there is some exploration to be done, including puzzles placed off the beaten path that actually take some thought to complete (and reward you handsomely).

I haven't tried the co-op yet, nor have I tried any customization with the crucible mode (or unlocked any of the multiple secrets/toggles available in the extra portion of the menu, which I'm very curious about), but so far it has been very solid. If you're looking for something to occupy yourself (and a friend) with, I would recommend it. If you're not starving right now and want to wait for a price drop, you'll definitely get your money's worth. Certainly rent-worthy at the very least.