So how much $ have you invested in your arecade collection

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Not to evade your privacy but this is ask out of curiousity, so how much of your time and cash have you invested in your arcade collection and why do you do it. I think I collect not to play the games but to simply own them. When I tell people I collect arcade games for a hobby they look at me like I was from Mars, which makes me think is my hobby so strange. I might not have as many games and as much money invested in my arcade collection like other members especially Greywolf ( you name it and he's got it ) but I think mines comes up to about fifteen hundred

Last edited:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Way too much, especially when you get into the newer titles like DoDonpachi DOJ, ESPgaluda... My Raizing/Eighting and Psikyo collection are complete and I'm nearing completion of my Cave collection. I've currently got about 300 arcade games, Neo Geo included and 4 cabs with a couple more on the way.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The Chief said:
Way too much, especially when you get into the newer titles like DoDonpachi DOJ, ESPgaluda... My Raizing/Eighting and Psikyo collection are complete and I'm nearing completion of my Cave collection. I've currently got about 300 arcade games, Neo Geo included and 4 cabs with a couple more on the way.

You beat me unconditionally, I only have 52. I can not believe you almost have a complete Raizing/Eighting and Psikyo collection and on top of that your working on cave. Damn it hopeless for me I never be able to find all those game. Did you sell your soul to the devil to get them, if so can you give me his phine number.

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
mainman said:
Not to evade your privacy but this is ask out of curiousity, so how much of your time and cash have you invested in your arcade collection and why do you do it. I think I collect not to play the games but to simply own them. When I tell people I collect arcade games for a hobby they look at me like I was from Mars, which makes me think is my hobby so strange. I might not have as many games and as much money invested in my arcade collection like other members especially Greywolf ( you name it and he's got it ) but I think mines comes up to about fifteen hundred

I collect certain arcade machines for playing them, not collecting... I guess I have invested around ~$1500 or so into games, PCBs, and building my SG.

So far I own an MV-1C, 3MV-1Fs (working to consolize), MV-4F (selling now), PGM, ST-V, Konami GX and some more coming soon.

I don't play PS2, GC, X-box and all that new stuff... so I just buy older arcade stuff... most updated thing I play is PSP and DC.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Psikyo:

Sengoku Ace
Gunbird
Strikers 1945
Sengoku Blade
Sol Divide
Strikers 1945 II
Space Bomber
Gunbird 2
Strikers 1945 III
Strikers 1945 Plus
Dragon Blaze
Gun Barich

Raizing/Eighting:

Sorcerer Striker
Kingdom Grandprix
Soukyu Gurentai
Battle Garegga
Armed Police Batrider
Battle Bakraid
Dimahoo
Brave Blade

Cave:
Donpachi
DoDonpachi
ESP rade
Dangun Feveron
Progear no Arashi
DoDonpachi DOJ
Ketsui
ESP galuda

Hopefully Guwange soon, Mushihime Sama I'll give another year or two for the price to drop.

Arcader

New Challenger
Overall prolly about $3000 thats for over 40 games, my most costly ones would be 3rd Strike kit, MvC2 kit and my Atomiswave kit with KOV. The rest of them are just PGM, MVS, CPSII and some older PCB's.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
mainman said:
You beat me unconditionally, I only have 52. I can not believe you almost have a complete Raizing/Eighting and Psikyo collection and on top of that your working on cave. Damn it hopeless for me I never be able to find all those game. Did you sell your soul to the devil to get them, if so can you give me his phine number.

52 games is a nice size collection of arcade games. If you've got a list of games or pics of your gear please feel free to share them as I enjoy taking a look at other gaming enthusiasts collections. I'm kind of trying to track down all of my favorite arcade titles while I can still find them.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The Chief said:
52 games is a nice size collection of arcade games. If you've got a list of games or pics of your gear please feel free to share them as I enjoy taking a look at other gaming enthusiasts collections. I'm kind of trying to track down all of my favorite arcade titles while I can still find them.

Nothing all that great, all I have is what most of everyone else has, and most of that being mvs

Cps 1

The punisher
Cadillacs & dinosaurs
Warriors of fate
Saturday night slam masters
Street Fighter 2 (x3)
Final Fight
Captain commando

Cps 2

Dungeons & Dragons TOD
Dungeons & Dragons SOM
Aliens vs preators
Marvel Vs Capcom
Marvel super hero vs street fighter
Street fighter alpha 1
Street fighter alpha 3
super street fighter 2

Neo mvs

Last blade 1
Last blade 2
Samurai shodown 1
Samurai shodown 2
Samurai shodown 3
Samurai shodown 4
Sengoku 3
Mark of the wolves
Snk vs capcom
Rage of the dragons
Word heros 2
King of fighter 94
King of fighter 95
King of fighter 96
King of fighter 97
King of fighter 98
King of fighter 99
King of fighter 2000
King of fighters 2001
King of fighter 2003 (x2)
Art of fighting 1
Art of fighting 2
Art of fighting 3
Fatal Fury Special
Ninja Masters
matrimelee
kizunzna tag battle
World heros perfect
Metal slug X
Ninja combat
Nam 1975

Jamma

Tekken 2
Soul edge
Tenage mutant ninja turtles
Captain America
Martial Champions
Combat tribes
X men
crime fighters

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Taking a rough guess... I have probably around $3000.

I have 9 cabs in my basement, and another 5 in the garage. I am working on selling off a few of them. Plenty of boardsets and recently got into the MVS and am at almost 20 games there. Plus have all 4 Hyper fighting games. You can see what is in my collection below in my sig.

sven666

War Room Troll
hey chief, check out "storm blade" if youre into psikyo games ;)

i have about 200 games incl MVS games, about 30MVS kits, and 35ish PCBs are in my personal collection the rest is just for trade/sale.

im all about shooters so thats all youll find in my collection, with a few oddities just cause theyre fantastic games.. and yeah i play em all.
what i spent? its well in the thousands.. but like any other hobby you learn to balance it out by selling/trading your way up...

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Storm Blade is tops, I've made it to the final mission on one credit before. If you play it we should share high scores, in fact I may need to start up a new thread in the Shooter forum...

I do have some shooters made by other companys as well:

JAMMA:

Aero Fighters
AJax
Akuu Gallet
Batsugun
Change Air Blade
Dogyuun
G Darius
G Darius Ver.2
Macros Plus
Mazinger Z
Nebulas Ray
Nostradamus
Raiden
Raiden II
Raiden Fighters
Raiden Fighters 2
Salamander 2
Sexy Parodius
Strom Blade
Turbo Force
Twin Eagle II
U.N. Squadron
Vasara
Vasara II

CPS2:

1944: The Loop Master
19XX
Eco Fighters
Gigawing
Mars Matrix
Progear no Arashi

Taito F-3:

Darius Gaiden
Gekirindan
Kyukyoku Tiger II
Space Invaders '95
Space Invaders DX

Taito G-Net:

Psyvariar - Medium Unit
Psyvariar - Revision
Raycrisis
Shikigame no Shiro

PGM:

DoDonpachi II Bee Storm

Neo Geo:

Aero Fighters 2
Aero Fighters 3
Andro Dunos
Blazing Star
Captain Tomaday
Ghost Pilots
Prehistoric Isle 2
Pulstar
Twinkle Star Sprites
Zed Blade

Sega STV:

Cotton 2
Guardian Force
Shienryu

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
mainman said:
Nothing all that great, all I have is what most of everyone else has, and most of that being mvs

You've got some solid titles in there, the finest of CPS1 games. I've tried more than a few times to score a Punisher PCB suicide free on ebay with no luck. Are any of your CPS1 games with batteries or CPS2 games suicide free? If not you should really consider it, it comes highly recommended by myself and many others.

BIG

sony fanboy
The Chief said:
Are any of your CPS1 games with batteries or CPS2 games suicide free? If not you should really consider it, it comes highly recommended by myself and many others.

Since phoenix'ing all those boards can amount to mucho $$$$,my suggestion to you is to only invest on the ones you intend to keep for good. Besides,you can revive them at any given time,so it'd be best that you wait until the suicide battery takes effect before having them all phoenix'ed.

B-

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
The Chief said:
You've got some solid titles in there, the finest of CPS1 games. I've tried more than a few times to score a Punisher PCB suicide free on ebay with no luck. Are any of your CPS1 games with batteries or CPS2 games suicide free? If not you should really consider it, it comes highly recommended by myself and many others.

The punisher ( complete hack/suicide free )
Cadillacs & dinosaurs ( Q sound board hacked/ C board running on battery )
Warriors of fate ( Q sound board never had a battery/ C board running on battery
Saturday night slam masters ( complete hack/suicide free )
Captain commando ( suicide free )

I bought these board dead and hacked them myself. The reason some boards are still running on batteries is because with the c board still alive I can change the region on the board by changing some eproms. This might be hard to believe but the warriors of fate board came out the factory with out a battery on the q sound board hacked by capcom.

Dungeons & Dragons TOD ( suicide free optional )
Dungeons & Dragons SOM ( suicide free optional )
Aliens vs preators ( suicide free optional )

I only bought the rom patches for 3 of my cps 2 games, I buy the rest later. All 3 of the above cps 2 games still have batteries because if I can I will keep them alive as long as possible using the batteries. The rom patches are a emergency back up.

The BIG said:
Since phoenix'ing all those boards can amount to mucho $$$$,my suggestion to you is to only invest on the ones you intend to keep for good. Besides,you can revive them at any given time,so it'd be best that you wait until the suicide battery takes effect before having them all phoenix'ed.

Your not kidding, that why I am buying the patch rom one at a time. Nobody knows how long we will be able to get in contact with raz so its best to buy the rom as soon as possible.

Last edited: