Smashing Pumpkins - Zeitgeist

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2002
Posts
3,564
Not bad, but it seems kinda dumb that they're called Smashing Pumpkins when Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin are the only original members. I'm interested to hear the album, but seems kinda lame that they're calling this the Smashing Pumpkins reunion. Those two are also in Zwan together, but they want to sell more albums so they change the name back to Smashing Pumpkins, seems cheap to me.
 

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Posts
2,164
I don't really care what they're called as long as Corgan goes back to making good music. And judging by the new song and the videos floating around on Youtube, the new album will be a good one.
 

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Joined
Aug 14, 2002
Posts
2,099
smuf said:
I don't really care what they're called as long as Corgan goes back to making good music. And judging by the new song and the videos floating around on Youtube, the new album will be a good one.
I can only hope.

Add to the fact that "they" were still the Smashing Pumpkins in later years before the band broke up without Jame and D'arcy.
 

SSS

neo retired
Joined
Sep 27, 2002
Posts
10,771
Tung Fu ru said:
Not bad, but it seems kinda dumb that they're called Smashing Pumpkins when Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin are the only original members. I'm interested to hear the album, but seems kinda lame that they're calling this the Smashing Pumpkins reunion. Those two are also in Zwan together, but they want to sell more albums so they change the name back to Smashing Pumpkins, seems cheap to me.

Although I no longer listen to TSP or care what Corgan's up to, I don't see a problem with them using the original name of the band.

Look at most major bands today that have been around a while. Chances are some of the original founding members are long gone, yet they receive no flak.

Hell, look at GWAR. Dave brockie is the only original member from their first album. While their rythym guitarist and drummer have been around for the majority of the time. There's been a revolving door of bassists and lead guitarists.

Fear Factory dumped influential guitarist Dino Cazares a while back.

There are exceptions, like Clutch.
 

bwodie

Another Striker
Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Posts
319
guns n roses...
only axl left?

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is still so fucking awesome
 

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Joined
Apr 12, 2001
Posts
7,484
bwodie said:
guns n roses...
only axl left?

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is still so fucking awesome

Siamese Dream pisses all over Mellon Collie for free.
 
Top