Slave to the freakin' Blade. Looks like the world is coming to an end.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
SSV.

Read it and weep that it took this long.

http://snkplaymoreusa.com/pr-1-17-2006.php

I could say "Finally", but I think that could be early contender for the understatement of the year award.

Of course, this could be a sign of the end of the world, too. It was almost like that when CvsS2 arrived (9/11, what a crazy date for a game release and a catastrophe at the same time)

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
When I'm holding a controller in my hands and moving characters on a screen, then I'll believe it's 'shipped.'

Faith, cats. Faith.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
is this 5 or ssVs?
i'll be skipping out if it's just 5.
my money would be better spent on ssVS on mvs or cart.

slerch666

updyke,
So why is the world coming to an end? Because SNK Playmore is releasing the game on the X-Box, when it looks like all their Japanese PS2 games will be making it to the US X-Box? Since Sony will only approve 2d compilation games, it's no wonder that SNK, who has nothing to really bundle with SSV, would release the game on the X-Box, as I'm sure MS is just glad to have games on it's system (not a bad thing).

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Nope. It has nothing to do with Platform. It was just something to do with the game being released. As you see by the content of the message, it was more to do with the long wait than anything. My preorder was made so long ago, I just hope my receipt is still readable because they might've lost my preorder info by now.

And yes, it is still SSV. SSV special will never see a port. Sure, way back SSVS was announced, but it's been long since it was cancelled as the Neo Geo machines are the only ones to get it. I would guess the next SS, in the lineup to possibly make it over here is SS Tenka. As I mentioned before, this port will be specific by including a translated story mode and everything. Something that was big in demand for the original Neo Geo but never happened. Since this forum keeps messages a long time, perhaps you can still see all the posts demanding a translated storymode.

Last edited: