Skylanders in "A penny saved is a dragon earned." or ""Puff, the magic money grabber."

Ukee

Geese's Thug
Skylanders in "A penny saved is a dragon earned." or ""Puff, the magic money grabber."

So I am pretty sure ever one is familiar with the game Skylanders, it is a game I have gone out of my way to ignore because of its gimmick (having to buy mini figurines to play as different characters). I was hoping that this game would pass by quickly so that it would make room for the next one, this does't seem to be the case however. The game seems to be doing well in the market and I can understand why. If I was still kid I would be totally into the idea of my toys interacting with my games, but it is not just kids that I am hearing about enjoying this collecting game. There have been quite a few people around my own age (mid to late 20's) that are saying they really having fun with this game.

I will admit that now my interests have been starting to stir a little. I watched CGR review of the 3DS version and Mark seemed to really promote it but I always find him more of a optimistic reviewer anyways.

Anyone actually tried playing these games or does it just completely turn others off by the amount of coin that goes into getting the most out of it?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I think Skylanders is a horrible way to treat the Spyro series, which used to be really good...

Ukee

Geese's Thug
See, that is how I feel too. Many companies are using ways to make more money off their games and this feels like the worst one on the list.