Show Your Desktop 2020 Edition

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
ybBnz58.jpg

lordnikon

Another Striker
Eyyyyyyy :cool:

What window manager is that? (Is that even an xfce environment?)

It is XFCE on Manjaro Linux. I made adjustments to it via:

• Appearance
  • Window Manager
  • Window Manager Tweaks
Different distros have different themes under Appearance. So Manjaro has some themes that may not be available on other distros running XFCE. I think you can acquire them from a theme site, I just haven't looked into it yet.

I also disabled the Whisker Menu and added a basic Application Launcher for the Start Menu instead. I am using Gkrellm as my system monitor in the upper left, which just so happens to have a default theme that matches this color scheme.

In the terminal, I set the colors to match the themes color via checkbox option.

Most of these changes are turn-key/easy.

My font adjustments were a bit more aggressive, which involve disabling font-aliasing and installing some windows-style fonts like Verdana as the primary system font in applications. (Disabling aliasing though does have drawbacks in websites that use -sans fonts, and makes the text read like hot garbage. I have solutions for this but have not fully worked through them yet.)

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
My mid 2014 MacBook Pro. Dual core 2.6GHz i5 with 8GB of RAM. Does a decent job with HD editing, but can't handle 4k. Everything else it handles just fine. Will probably hold onto this for another 3 years or so.

iV9vYGn.jpg