Should I buy AtomisWave? Maybe I need A push

Donshootermasta

I like Men & Boots!
Ok guys I decided I may take the plunge and order a Atomiswave.My first choice game is Dolphin Blue.I watched a few videos on Snk-Capcom.com and must say I was amazed.Looks hella awesome and worth every penny. I only have one gripe though.It does not seem they sell Atomiswave software only.I do not wish to buy another board when Sammy Vs Capcom,Kof 2k3,and Guilty Gear Isuka come out.So what do you guys think? Should I take the 600 dollar plunge for one game and pray SAMMY wakes up and releases software only. I will let the forum decide.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
I spoke to their UK distributor about this, apparently just now Sammy are not charging distributors for the motherboards but throwing them in free with every game. In time they will be available seperately, but you shouldn't expect to see the price of games fall as a result. Apparently.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt myself.

Donshootermasta

I like Men & Boots!
What game did you get?

Bishamon said:
I received mine last week. :)

I say "Go for it!" :)

What game did you get with the System?

What kind of cabinet are you using?

Also how much did you pay?

Sorry for all the questions Im curous :) Also My distro offered me Dolphin blue 2 weeks ago for 878 now The price is 578 but I do not think it is getting any lower.It may be true they may be chargin 578 for the software and giving the MOBOs away free.Everywhere I look the atomiswave kits are 578 or less through my regular dealers.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
damn free motherboards....talk about losing your ass in the initial stages.

If you got the cash I say go for it, the Atomiswave is the hardware that will shine next year.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Off topic, but I heard the programmers fixed the slowdown in Dolphin Blue it was last shown (e3 I think).

Can anyone verify this?

Robert

20 Year Member
If I had the moneym an atomiswave system would be my christmas gift. Go for it, a lot of good games and much more to come!

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Re: What game did you get?

Donshootermasta said:
What game did you get with the System?

What kind of cabinet are you using?

Also how much did you pay?

Sorry for all the questions Im curous :) Also My distro offered me Dolphin blue 2 weeks ago for 878 now The price is 578 but I do not think it is getting any lower.It may be true they may be chargin 578 for the software and giving the MOBOs away free.Everywhere I look the atomiswave kits are 578 or less through my regular dealers.

I got GGX 1.5 with the system (mainly because Dolphin Blue cost nearly twice as much when I ordered).

I'm using it with my SuperNova and 17" LCD display.

I paid $450.00 plus $75.00 shipping.

.hack//Sol

n00b
Would it be cheaper to purchase a cabinet for the ATOMISWAVE or would it be cheaper to hook it up to a computer moniter via the VGA?

And if you did hook it up to the moniter...how would you power it and use game controllers?

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
I'm thinking of getting one but the question is would it have to be wired for a 6 button controller instead of the neo's 4 button? I was planning on getting a supergun from uberia and I know they are wired for the 4 button neo geo layout but not the 6 button. I'm sure its a simple fix but i'm new to all this electronics stuff and would prefer to stay away from soldering if I have to. Any good superguns that work with both 4 button and 6 button layouts?

Thanks

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
the roker said:
Off topic, but I heard the programmers fixed the slowdown in Dolphin Blue it was last shown (e3 I think).

Can anyone verify this?

Actually, I can. I played the prototype when it first appeared and it had lots of slow-down, especially on the boss waves. The one I played at the AMOA a couple of weeks ago not only looked like it was going full speed, the graphics looked much more fluid...clearer that I remember the first time :glee:

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Xenvu said:
I'm thinking of getting one but the question is would it have to be wired for a 6 button controller instead of the neo's 4 button? I was planning on getting a supergun from uberia and I know they are wired for the 4 button neo geo layout but not the 6 button. I'm sure its a simple fix but i'm new to all this electronics stuff and would prefer to stay away from soldering if I have to. Any good superguns that work with both 4 button and 6 button layouts?

Thanks

It's apparently 5 button, go figure.