Shadowrun (360 & Windows)

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Anyone pick this up yet? Windows or 360? From what I heard actually plays like a mixture between Tribes and Counterstrike.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i'm getting it round the 12th of june, asian version is coming out on the 6th.

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
I just picked it up today at CircuitCity. It's pretty neat so far, seems like there's a high learning curve for playing with all the magic & tech you can do.

Going back to Halo 3 Beta for tonight, probably get more into this once that's over.

Also if anyone hasn't already seen the Sunday Ad or CAG: if you buy it @ CircuitCity, you get a free $20 XBox 360 game.

-Kickin' Wing

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Kickin|wiNg said:
Also if anyone hasn't already seen the Sunday Ad or CAG: if you buy it @ CircuitCity, you get a free $20 XBox 360 game.
I was unware, thanks for the tip.

I didn't pick it up today cause I'm pretty busy with the Halo 3 beta at the moment. I'll probably pick it up for the weekend though.

Also, no published reviews of it yet, considering the Forza ones came out asap.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
I am a huge Shadowrun fan and the video demo from X-box live made my friend and I go, "SUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!". I will rent it to see what it is like though. It just doesn't seem like something worthwhile from what I saw in the video. Also, they could have not done that gay narration with the goblin-orc looking guy.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
I would get it if it had single player. I am stuck on dial up so the game has no value to me what so ever. Shame to cause I really enjoy the Shadowrun stuff.

About the CC free $20 360 game. It also applies to Forza 2. I picked that up yesterday and the only $20 360 game was bomberman......probably one of the shittiest titles for the system. I told the dude that was working there what a load of crap that game was and how BS the deal is. He said "well you can play it for the easy achievements". I was like "uhhh I'll pass"
So I asked the girl at the customer service counter if I could get $20 instore credit instead. She had to ask on of the higher-ups but she was able to give me $20 bucks off any game in the store. So if you are stuck with some shitty games it is something to try.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I really didnt like the beta... Tried it for about a week and stopped. It does have a learning curve that I didnt care to perfect. I prefer the more traditional FPS.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Ordered a copy for my little bro's birthday coming up in a week or so. Hope its good or that he at least likes it. Wonder if I'll get any in at the store and if I can sell any haha

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Well I picked it up at circuit city, got lego star wars II along with it.

It is a ton of fun. For me its like a cross between Counter-strike and Team Fortress Classic. Its CS in that its fast, but like TFC in that it is sort of class based. There aren't predetermined classes, but picking your race and then picking your powers to fill a role on the team. In my most recent game I was troll, with a chaingun (classic heavy weapons guy), but I was sniping guys and I had the enhanced zoom ability, while I was healing/resurrecting teammates as we defended the flag. It was just great fun. I think I'm really going to enjog exploring the different race/skills combos.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Saturn2dfreak said:
I want this game for 360 ..but kinda reluctant..how is this game???
I am really enjoying and feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Others disagree.

The reviews have been pretty harsh, as it only seems the reviewers played the game for an hour or so. Definitely rent this game before you buy. Its definitely not everyone's cup 'o tea.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
I have it on PC and I've had a blast. I think a lot of reviews were overly harsh. There are some flaws, but nothing as major as they would lead you to believe. Man, the tech and magic skills just really make this an incredibly fun game and keep you thinking. I'm still trying to find a "magic three" that is really good for me, but so far I've just found that I need to buy several and switch them up depending on the maps and enemies, which in all honesty, just shows me a good bit of depth to the combat.

The only problem I've had is that I can't get my voice chat to pick up on the PC version. I can hear people and hear myself in the live settings (where you set voice volume and such) but when I go into a game it doesn't seem to pick me up.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm on the fence. I'm still into Rainbow Six Vegas and GRAW2 so I'm not sure that I want another FPS to take up all my free time.

If enough neo-geo.com people start playing this I'll get it. I really want to play a gay elf and fly and cast magic.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
If you get it, get it on the 360. The PC version is nerfed. :lolz:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
RBjakeSpecial said:
I'm on the fence. I'm still into Rainbow Six Vegas and GRAW2 so I'm not sure that I want another FPS to take up all my free time.

If enough neo-geo.com people start playing this I'll get it. I really want to play a gay elf and fly and cast magic.

I've got it but eternal sonata and forza 2 always beat shadowrun out for things i want to play...

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I played the demo and was impressed with the magic system. The Japanese release is only 5,000 yen so I picked it up. I'll be on all evening. Hit me up for some games! Beelze lets play.

Edit- The game flips over to English if your console is set that way. Awesome.

Edit2-

I just spent 4 hours playing this game and I really enjoy it. The game feels a lot like Halo but with a ton of variation in character types. The races are cool and unique abilities and the magic is pretty fun to use. The level design is great, it allows for a bunch of different ways to capture the flag and defend the bases.

For me the following things make the game awesome:

The Glider- You can jump and glide around the levels with whatever weapon you want. It's really satisfying to fly through the air and make head shots.

Invisibility- The invisibility is great and there is a counter spell against it to balance it out. Basically if the enemy doesn't have the counter spell you can use a shot gun, ghost into there base and appear and take out anyone you want to.

Overall I'm really enjoying the game. I wouldn't play this on a PC (the controls feel completely like a console shooter, with a mouse and keyboard it would be WAY too slow, but I haven't tried it yet.)

Yes the price point is lame. There are no leaderboards or clan support which seems like a no brainer.

There is a party system like halo...

I'll be playing this for a little while, if anyone wants to play please send me a message.

Last edited:

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Well, two months later...is anyone still playing this. I noticed that Shadowrun dropped to $39.99 new at GameStop, so I was thinking about picking it up.

I down loaded the demo and it seemed pretty good. Of course with Halo 3 coming out though, I can see other FPS Live communities drying up. It is really too bad that there is no split screen in this game, as that would have made buying it an easier choice for me.

So..anyone still playing this? If so, is it easy to find a match?

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Well, two months later...is anyone still playing this. I noticed that Shadowrun dropped to $39.99 new at GameStop, so I was thinking about picking it up.

I down loaded the demo and it seemed pretty good. Of course with Halo 3 coming out though, I can see other FPS Live communities drying up. It is really too bad that there is no split screen in this game, as that would have made buying it an easier choice for me.

So..anyone still playing this? If so, is it easy to find a match?
I am still playing. I took a month or so off, but I am getting back into it. Its still easy to find games, but I'm not sure what is going to happen after Halo 3 hits. I'm sure, like most Xbox Live FPSes, it will dry up a bit (probably still PC gamers going at it maybe).

With Halo 3 coming out, it will be interesting to see how that community stacks up against the CoD4 community when it launches in Nov.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Big Shady said:
I am still playing. I took a month or so off, but I am getting back into it. Its still easy to find games, but I'm not sure what is going to happen after Halo 3 hits. I'm sure, like most Xbox Live FPSes, it will dry up a bit (probably still PC gamers going at it maybe).

With Halo 3 coming out, it will be interesting to see how that community stacks up against the CoD4 community when it launches in Nov.

Thanks for the post. Since I had not opened the game, I ended up taking it back. I played the demo for a few hours and enjoyed it but with the other FPS coming out, I doubt I would play it for very long.

If this had split screen off-line play, I am sure that I would have kept it, just for local play.