Several technical/audio questions for consolizing a MV1FZS board

Boomchild

n00b
Hi everyone ! I'm in the process of consolizing two MV1FZS boards, and I've got a few questions for which I haven't found any answers :

- I've done the 5V mod, and I'd like to replace all capacitors. I see that a lot of them are around the poweramp that has been disabled by doing the 5V mod. I couldn't find the schematics for the 1FZ, does anyone here knows which ones can be safely removed and thus do not need to be replaced ?

- I've seen around here that the MV1FZ is the only 1-Cart slot along with the MV1F that has native stereo capacities with the HA13001 amplifier. From what I saw, it's the amp that needs the 12V, is there a simple way to use it even with 5V ? I've done the "MKL stereo mod", and the sound, while great, is lower than expected. If I could use the HA13001 it would be simpler overall.

- I've put a 3 positions switch for overclocking with 12 (Stock)/14/18Mhz. It works great, but I'd like to be able to change it on the fly while playing. I've tried with a switch grounding the Halt pin on the 68K to do it, but unlike the Megadrive/Genesis, it just reboots when I press it. Is there some sort of watchdog that would be the culprit and if so, is there a way to disable it ?

Thank you all for your answers, and sorry if any of theses questions sounds silly.

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
An active stereo mod will sound better than the passive one, the active one has transistors on it.

I don't bother with overclocking the CPU, but a DFO/faster Crystal to bring the refresh rate closer to 60Hz makes for happier OSSC/LCD TVs.

Personally I rarely do 5V mods these days, so cheap/easy to get a 12V PSU and a DC/DC step down for the 5V.