Seting up Naomi 1 Gd Rom with Sun psu and Capcom I/0 Power cable Questions

bryan

Geese's Thug
Ok I am trying to set up a GD Rom system for my Naomi. The Sun psu has three connectors, two for the Naomi and one for the GD Rom. What kinda stumps me is I only need to connect the one cable when using the Capcom I/O for power. So when using the sun psu I will still have the same power cord pluging into the Naomi and the small connector out of the psu for the GD rom. So do I actually need to plug in the other 6 pin connector into the Naomi motherboard? And if get the splitter cable that would eliminate the small GD Rom connector out of the psu for the GD Rom correct? I tried to figure this out but I have seen pics with just the splitter cable used and pics of just the 8 pin Naomi and GD Rom cables used and even seen pics of all three used. I just need more clarification. Thanks

bryan

Geese's Thug
So it looks like you plug all three cords in. I am having a little trouble finding them, got any suggestions? I have been on Google for days looking and every one it out of stock. if I could figure out exactly where to get the connectors I could just make them myself.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Here's a link of the AO wiki on the connectors you need and where you can get them. Don't forget to get the pins as well. You can generally push the pins into the connector using a small screwdrivers.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/JST_VL

bryan

Geese's Thug
Sweet glad to know where I can find the connectors. I just found a splitter cable from AGS and found the other cables on Ebay. I never though I was going to be able to find the splitter cable. The GD Rom connector is the one I had trouble seeing, but now that I got the splitter cable on the way I will find out what kind of connector it is.