Samurai Sprit IV official poster ?

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi guys!

I'm seeking informations about that poster .
I acquired it around 2004 if memory serves me well , from an ebay seller , in compensation for a return shipping cost of a non working mvs cart in a lot.

7MyJ8cW.jpg

He claimed that it was an official SNK poster, i take his word for it , the paper is heavy , the other side not printed.
I never seen on the web another pictures of it , the symmetric repetition design ?!.....

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
This poster is for SamSho III not IV. And why shouldn't it be official? Although everything printed twice sure looks strange.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Thanks for the answers , i missed : samurai spirit 3 , and yes probably related to the arcade market , if someone has already seen it elsewhere...

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
official or not, that looks kick ass. will gladly hang that on my wall.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
-has real 3D movement
-12 playable characters
-every character has 2 rage moves
(totals up to 24 rage moves)
-every character's stage has 3 different styles
(up to 72 combination of stages0

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
-has real 3D movement
-12 playable characters
-every character has 2 rage moves
(totals up to 24 rage moves)
-every character's stage has 3 different styles
(up to 72 combination of stages0

Thanks for the translation LoneSage : it turns out i wanted to know what was written...:)

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Although I wonder what they mean by 3D movement? This game doesn't even use planes let alone any other "real 3D".

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Although I wonder what they mean by 3D movement? This game doesn't even use planes let alone any other "real 3D".

my guess is that they mean the game has tight controls and isn't stiff like previews fighting games. they used to say a lot of things that didn't actually mean what was said back then.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
The AB dodge and close range f+AB turnaround are technically 3D moves because the player moves into the 3rd plane to dodge an attack or get to the other side of an opponent. This, as opposed to normal Street Fighter where most characters can't switch sides without jumping over each other in the 2D plane. Strange advertising, but that's probably what they meant.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The poster looks like it was designed for a sign, where it folds or wraps around in a plastic insert. So that way, regardless of which way customers come to the arcade/machine, they can read it.