Samurai Showdown 5 Special fatalities clarification

tbogard99

New Challenger
Perhaps someone can clarify something for me regarding the MVS version of SSVS. As I understand it each character has one Zetsumei Ougi (fatality). My question is, is this the only way to "kill" your opponent? Or are the generic fatalities from previous Sam Sho games also present ie: arteiall spray death, standing cut in half opponent, mid air cut in half opponent? The kills that would happen randomly in previous Sam Sho titles at the end of a battle. I have seen posts like this one:

"According to an official press release, SNKP is going to fix the glitches in the game, PLUS reintegrating the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities), while general Level3 violence (splitting opponent's body into 2, etc) will NOT be re-implemented."

and it has me confused. If there are other ways to kill your opponent like the random cut in half then it would seem very odd for Playmore to leave them out but add back in the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities) to the AES version. Correct me if I'm wrong but more than half of theose unique fatalities end up cuting the opponent in half anyway. Anyway if someone could clarify I would appreciate it.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
tbogard99 said:
Perhaps someone can clarify something for me regarding the MVS version of SSVS. As I understand it each character has one Zetsumei Ougi (fatality). My question is, is this the only way to "kill" your opponent? Or are the generic fatalities from previous Sam Sho games also present ie: arteiall spray death, standing cut in half opponent, mid air cut in half opponent? The kills that would happen randomly in previous Sam Sho titles at the end of a battle. I have seen posts like this one:

"According to an official press release, SNKP is going to fix the glitches in the game, PLUS reintegrating the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities), while general Level3 violence (splitting opponent's body into 2, etc) will NOT be re-implemented."

and it has me confused. If there are other ways to kill your opponent like the random cut in half then it would seem very odd for Playmore to leave them out but add back in the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities) to the AES version. Correct me if I'm wrong but more than half of theose unique fatalities end up cuting the opponent in half anyway. Anyway if someone could clarify I would appreciate it.

SSVSp has the generic fatalities as well as the ZetsumeiOugi moves which cuts bodies as well. Including all the fatalities from the previous SS games, the characters can now split down the middle. Pretty cool. I remember seeing Nakoruru split down the middle...her blouse opened up first and then it showed her breasts before her whole body cut in half. Playmore will be implementing the Zetsumei Ougi moves back into the game but from what I understand, the moves will NOT split the bodies in half. Kinda stupid and almost pointless.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
tbogard99 said:
If there are other ways to kill your opponent like the random cut in half then it would seem very odd for Playmore to leave them out but add back in the Zetsumei Ougi (fatalities) to the AES version. Correct me if I'm wrong but more than half of theose unique fatalities end up cuting the opponent in half anyway. Anyway if someone could clarify I would appreciate it.

It makes absolutely no sense at all - anyone who is offended by the generic fatalities will most certainly be offended by the Zetsumei fatalities. It's sort of like outlawing handguns but leaving rocket launchers legal. Some people are forever striving to surpass their own stupidity, it seems.