RGB Line Doubler? 240p to 480i/p possible?

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey I just got a nice Avermedia game capture but sadly the lowest resolution it accepts is 480i.

So I have all my consoles plugged in RGB - and I can choose RGB to component - on my Sony PVM.

I would like to record those 240p consoles but the capture box won't recognizes it unless they output in 480i or 480p.

Is there anything that takes RGB and output an upscaled component signal like 480i or 480p?

Or even takes component 240p and output in 480p in component? since I already have the RGB to component converter this might be avoided to keep this cheap.

Does anyone know anything that could do it?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
What kind of inputs does the capture box have? just component video? If the capture box accepts RGB / VGA your best option may be an old XRGB2 or XRGB2+ as those upscale 240p RGB to 480P VGA (640x460 VGA).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I get around this by using a DVD recorder. Component input to component output. The DVD recorder outputs in 480i/p. just an option.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
I get around this by using a DVD recorder. Component input to component output. The DVD recorder outputs in 480i/p. just an option.

humm.. this might work.. I just searched here for a few popular DVD recorders and couldn't one that can take component input, only output.

Which one do you use?

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey Kid,

Is that your model:
dvdr985_lg.jpg

QZ8rEW0.jpg

It seems this one has 2 component output (one progressive and one normal) + 1 input.

The only thing that I need to know is: does it accept 240p and output in 480i or 480p?

Attachments

• dvdr985_lg.jpg
    dvdr985_lg.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 43

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
That one is a lot nicer than the one I have. I'll take a pic and get you a model number. I use scart on all my retro stuff and run it into a crappy transcoder that turns it into component. So I know it will turn 240p into 480i as my black magic intensity pro pci-e card only captures 480i at its lowest. Btw black magic stuff sucks ass.

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
LOL thank you, man!

I've found one of those with broken DVD recorder for $50 here.
I think this will do the trick and I'll be able to fill youtube with tons of retro footage :D

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
LOL thank you, man!

I've found one of those with broken DVD recorder for $50 here.
I think this will do the trick and I'll be able to fill youtube with tons of retro footage :D

Yea I was going to say, you dont even need the dvd recorder to work. It is a nice option though and I use it from time to time. record some old footage and then edit it on the comp. :D

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yea I was going to say, you dont even need the dvd recorder to work. It is a nice option though and I use it from time to time. record some old footage and then edit it on the comp. :D

Awesome, dude!

This seems the cheapest way to go here!

Thank you :))