RGB cable question

drombat

Galford's Armourer
Hej,
Yes it will work, provided your TV can accept the RGB signal in the scart socket. It will give you superior video quality. There is nothing better than RGB. Go RGB.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yes, it will work in your AES straight away, and it will have much better video quality than composite. The RGB mod is an internal modificaton that further improves the RGB video quality, specially in some AES revisions that have poorer RGB output.

seamoon

New Challenger
Thanks guys,

So even though I have a 200k+ serial system, RGB will still give better picture than composite? As I've understood it RGB is reeeeeally bad on later models.

seamoon

New Challenger
pellucidity said:
http://nfggames.com/games/neorgb/

take a look at that. The RGB out is bad, but it's still better than composite.

Oki, so basically, if one owns an early serial model there's no need for a mod then?
Might be cheaper getting a loose early model than sending off my present system for a mod. Haven't been soldering stuff since eight grade (looong time ago) so I'd probably ruin the board trying it myself...

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Early systems don't have the vertical striping effect of late systems but they have a fairly dim picture.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
I encountered a Korean system with very very bad striping, but after the RGB mod the quality kicks major ass. It's an unbelievable difference. From barely playable to barely able to stop playing. I would go for the mod instead of a loose system. The mod gives a 100% success rate, while a loose system may end you up with one that is just slightly better than what you have for the same money.

seamoon

New Challenger
MKL said:
Early systems don't have the vertical striping effect of late systems but they have a fairly dim picture.

Do you still do mods MKL? How much would an RGB mod be including shipping back?