Repro MVS monitor bezel I made

badboybill

n00b
In the middle of a restoration and got to the part where I need to replace the thrashed monitor bezel in one of my 4 slots. I wanted to be as close to the original as possible but I had a very hard time finding a poster board that matched. The original had a glossy black front and white back. I thought it would be something common but apparently it's not.

I did find what I was looking for. It is slightly thinner but is pretty much exactly what I was looking for and I am very happy with it.

The board is laser cut to all the exact dimensions as the original and I was able to use my brake to get really nice folds for the sides.

2014-05-07%2016.43.39.jpg

2014-05-07%2016.43.50.jpg

2014-05-07%2016.44.03.jpg

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Very nice. I might hit you up in a week or so with some questions. Pickup my 4-slot this weekend and may need to do this as well.

Cheers

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Could you elaborate on where you ended up getting the board? It is one things that should be an easy replacement for me and mine is pretty trashed. I was looking at just getting basic black posterboard :D

badboybill

n00b
Very nice. I might hit you up in a week or so with some questions. Pickup my 4-slot this weekend and may need to do this as well.

Cheers

No prob, just hit me up

Could you elaborate on where you ended up getting the board? It is one things that should be an easy replacement for me and mine is pretty trashed. I was looking at just getting basic black posterboard :D

There's a outdoor market here in town where a couple works doing custom framing. I grabbed a few sheets from them when I was there. I'm not sure what they use it for, but it was perfect for this. I have some extra sheets if you need one, I can just send it to you if you just want to pay for shipping, no charge on the piece. But if you just want straight black and don't care that it matches the original exactly then I for sure would cruise over to Michaels or an Aaron brothers, and I know definitely Office Depot sells packs of matte black for cheap or pretty much any arts n crafts store should have just plain black poster board. The first 2 stores I named I am not sure if they are nationwide or not.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Michael's is around, I will probably just get a flat black. Shipping poster board seems a bit too expensive :)