Record collecting

BeefJerky

Actual Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Welcome to record collecting, especially for stuff from bands like Converge. :envy:

PLS. I have a pretty decent collection, but I don't remember ever paying more than $30 for an LP. :lolz:

PS: Converge isn't even that great of a band. *drops the mic*

BeefJerky

20 Year Member
Let me tell you something.

Only clueless little girls use the term emo outside of punk/hardcore.

Do you feel me?

I never do. :keke:

PS: I've never heard the term "emo" used seriously within the bounds of punk/hardcore.

Poser. :keke:

BeefJerky

20 Year Member
Rep, like I told you in chat, I can't find footage of that damn gun spinning.

If you ever do decide to play it, PLEASE take video!

Thanks,
Beff

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I never do. :keke:

PS: I've never heard the term "emo" used seriously within the bounds of punk/hardcore.

Poser. :keke:

You know that emo is short for emotional hardcore right?

BeefJerky

20 Year Member
You know that emo is short for emotional hardcore right?

Okay, here's the rub.

I don't give a shit about labels, sub-genres, etc.

I actually listen to music, I'm not writing a fucking essay about it.

So cereal right now, whatever happened to the MUSIC? All that scene shit is super-h0m0.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
PLS. I have a pretty decent collection, but I don't remember ever paying more than $30 for an LP. :lolz:

Sure, but certain genres seem to have an excuse to print money with releases, and metal/hardcore/whatever is one of them. A lot of people also consider that album to be one of the best of the decade. Supply and demand PLS.

fake

15 Year Member
Okay, here's the rub.

I don't give a shit about labels, sub-genres, etc.

I actually listen to music, I'm not writing a fucking essay about it.

So cereal right now, whatever happened to the MUSIC? All that scene shit is super-h0m0.

Labeling people is totally cool though.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Sure, but certain genres seem to have an excuse to print money with releases, and metal/hardcore/whatever is one of them. A lot of people also consider that album to be one of the best of the decade. Supply and demand PLS.

Metal seems super notorious with this. Only the MOST grim and kvlt metal must be sold!

BeefJerky

20 Year Member
Metal seems super notorious with this. Only the MOST grim and kvlt metal must be sold!

Serious. I got kinda depressed when I realized I will probably never own "Terrifyer" or "Catch 33" on vinyl. :crying:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
It's spelled faggot, foghat. :keke:

Bahahaha! I actually enjoy Foghat. I got two copies of their self titled on vinyl. This is turning out to be a pretty diverse forum. First I caught a thread of pictures of nude ex's and now vinyl collecting?! You guys are gonna get me in trouble at work being on here all the time.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
Im moving from SF to LA soon and I was wondering if anyone has the best size boxes for transporting records(driving). Something that wont destroy itself on its own weight. Ive got about 1,000 records to move...im assuming just 12x12 would be the best? also like 400 singles...

BeefJerky

20 Year Member
Im moving from SF to LA soon and I was wondering if anyone has the best size boxes for transporting records(driving). Something that wont destroy itself on its own weight. Ive got about 1,000 records to move...im assuming just 12x12 would be the best? also like 400 singles...

Dude get the cartons the milks come in to the grocery store in. They're sturdy as fuck and perfect sized for records, however if you have 1000 I think you'd need about 100 of those cartons. LOL

Too bad I didn't know you were in SF, I was there for a little while in 2011.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
All the milk crates around here are 11.5" now so that you can't fit records in them. Probably an anti-theft measure :thevt: I use legal crates, though that would be kinda costly for moving 1000 pieces.

fake

15 Year Member

How valuable is the collection? If you really don't want them to get damaged or warped, maybe try a road / flight case.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._Designs_CLP200P_CLP200P_Pro_Carpeted_LP.html