Record collecting

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Any good?

d27df05cbc2bb1aee63876e4c208c96f.jpg

Record store day is tomorrow. Going to pick up ATliens glow in the dark reissue. Was thinking of this as well.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So I got my Street Fighter Collection in the Mail today. The packaging is really nice. Do they make plastic covers for these bigger vinyl box sets. The collectard in me doesn't want to mess up the outside cover.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ok, the thickness of the box is 1 inch. Someone posted in the review section that it doesn't fit a 1 inch thick box set.

Last edited:

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well that is unfortunate. I think I have a few of those sleeves kicking around so I will test it out tomorrow and confirm.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So I spent my record store day cleaning out some hoarder's collection of 10,000+ LP's.

WupWuh

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Well, I just tried out the box set sleeve on the SFII set. It does fit. It is a rather tight fit, but if you want something to protect the box from scuffs and other damage, the sleeve should do.

RAZO, PM me your address and I'll send one your way free of charge. I found a couple spares and really don't need them, no sense in you ordering in bulk if you only need one or two as well.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Well, I just tried out the box set sleeve on the SFII set. It does fit. It is a rather tight fit, but if you want something to protect the box from scuffs and other damage, the sleeve should do.

RAZO, PM me your address and I'll send one your way free of charge. I found a couple spares and really don't need them, no sense in you ordering in bulk if you only need one or two as well.

Currently using glad wrap. Incoming PM, thanks dude.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I could use a couple. My hotline Miami soundtrack is naked. I might just but some.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

because I'm a glutton for punishment. The dream of the hidden gem. It is going to be more like 15000 records. I will be throwing away probably 13,000 of them.

So far, the Highlights are:
45 playable Greatful Dead Albums
Master of Puppets (probably VG)
A red HK boot of John Coltrain (Blue Train)
Killing Joke, Killing Joke
Some Ramones and Clash
100+ sealed copies of Three Dog Night's It's a Jungle EP (1983)

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
because I'm a glutton for punishment. The dream of the hidden gem. It is going to be more like 15000 records. I will be throwing away probably 13,000 of them.

So far, the Highlights are:
45 playable Greatful Dead Albums
Master of Puppets (probably VG)
A red HK boot of John Coltrain (Blue Train)
Killing Joke, Killing Joke
Some Ramones and Clash
100+ sealed copies of Three Dog Night's It's a Jungle EP (1983)

The words "Highlight" and "Greatful Dead" never belong in the same sentence. NEVER!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How can you hate the Dead man?

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
How can you hate the Dead man?

1. Jam bands are not musicians. This is the kind of music you play in a garage with your friends when you're in a "band" in middle school.

2. I can't stand the trust fund babies that follow what's left of the Dead around. Traveling on the their parents dime, selling grilled cheese out of the back of their land Rover, and telling you how oppressed they are.

3. "Jerry Garcia is so counter culture" ...."Would you like to buy one of the ties Jerry designed?"

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
1. Jam bands are not musicians. This is the kind of music you play in a garage with your friends when you're in a "band" in middle school.

Does this indictment extend to improvisational jazz?

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Haha.

No RSD shit for me unfortunately. On the other hand I usually end up buying a bunch of impulse stuff for varying nonsensical reasons so no real loss.

But I did get to hear some tracks The Cure- Disintegration reissue at my friends recording studio, which was pretty fucking awesome.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I got the rsd Outkast glow in the dark record and it sounds like absolute shit. I'll take a pic eventually but this will get little to no play since it sounds so horrible.

Must be the glow in the dark material.

I also got this cool Pharcyde single. It's actually a pick up of leftover stock from Black Friday rsd 2015:

f1d922194f4514acb7b47eddfeddbb15.jpg