Recommended Mousepad?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Hi, all... I'm looking to buy a new mousepad to replace my $2 POS. I'd like something that's good for gaming and general purpose. Trouble is, I don't know which one to get. A coworker recommended a pad named "Everglide", but when I finally found a store that sold them, I learned after ordering that the company was defunct. My mouse is an Intellimouse Explorer 4.0A (wired, optical), if that's of any help.

All advice will be appreciated.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Seems to me that the best ones have a fibrous surface. Don't get one with a plastic/shiny surface, as it will reflect the laser beam and can cause your pointer to skip around. Also, try to get one with some sort of pattern or picture on it, as it can help the laser detect which direction you're moving.

I have to admit that I still have a filthy old cloth mousepad with a picture of Mewtwo on it... :glee: It seems to work just fine.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
i havent used a mouse pad in 5 yrs. why do you need one with optical mice? unless u are on a glass table.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
i don't use a mouse pad either.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
I have the intellimouse as well on 2 of my computers, and to be honest the absolute best mouse pads I've ever used were black matting board (for framing pictures) I scored a bunch of large sheets from my photography class I had to take last year and it's the bomb they come in big sheets and I just cut a new square when one wears out. It has tiny ridges and dips on the surface, the lazy beam loves them. It's perfect for gaming and general purpose, and you can probably get a large sheet for pretty cheap.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!