Price for a modded AES?

bobcat

do not trade with, SCAMMER
Sorry im sure this question has been asked before but whats the going price for a modded AES?Im trying to get one but i want a fair price.Thanks:)

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
Depends what you want done. Send a pm to Jmkurtz, or check out his website, neobitz.com. He's a good guy and will give you the best price you can get.

Spion

New Challenger
S-Video Mod

Hey I'm new into the AES. Just bought one, but been using my Neo CD for years now. Is it worth it to mod the S-video plug? How difficult is it I mean?

Spion

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It really depends on a few things.

Condition
Comes complete w/box
Has controllers
Has Component Video

If it's an unboxed AES/NGH with the component video, s-video, composite and stereo mod then it shouldn't run you more than $350. Anything more than that is fucking RIDICULOUS. You can buy a used AES on ebay for the average price of $150-175 and buy the $90 encoder and do it yourself.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
You can buy a used AES on ebay for the average price of $150-175

Which eBay have you been visiting? It's rare for a vanilla AES to sell under $200 from what I've seen over the past year or 2 (back into '07 since it's '09 now). This is why I thought overall, an MVS would be a better choice because at least only the console is expensive, not the games too.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Which ebay have you been watching? I've purchased 3 in the last 2 years for under $200. You gotta know how to look dude.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Which eBay have you been visiting? It's rare for a vanilla AES to sell under $200 from what I've seen over the past year or 2 (back into '07 since it's '09 now). This is why I thought overall, an MVS would be a better choice because at least only the console is expensive, not the games too.

Here, found these that were completed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEO-GEO-AES-Con...ryZ38583QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNK-NEO-GEO-AES...ryZ48752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Neo-Geo-System-...yZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SNK-Neo-Geo-AES...yZ139971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I wouldn't pay shit for a frankensteined neo... lol at everyone who thinks this makes a neo worth more. In my opinion, it hurts the value.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Which ebay have you been watching? I've purchased 3 in the last 2 years for under $200. You gotta know how to look dude.

Well, you're on eBay.com and I'm on eBay.ca, from what I've seen the Canadian dollar is weaker than the US one, everything listed on eBay in US funds is more in Canadian. :annoyed:

Though concerning those auctions you listed, I don't think I saw most of those, I only remember seeing the 2nd one and maybe the 1st one, the other two I never saw, damn that 3rd one would have been sweet if I caught it. I also remember seeing a US auction different from the ones you listed and it went under $100 too, I was pretty annoyed that I didn't see it. >_>

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I wouldn't pay shit for a frankensteined neo... lol at everyone who thinks this makes a neo worth more. In my opinion, it hurts the value.

That's kinda why I didn't want to have my original US AES modded... but, after picking up a pre-modded JP console, the better picture and sound (and BIOS) really made the experience so much greater. "This system came out in 1990 and it can do THIS?!"

Eventually I sold off my unmodded US system because I never used it. Nowadays if you want to enjoy the Neo on an HDTV, getting an S-Video or Component mod is almost a necessity.

bobcat

do not trade with, SCAMMER
so what should you pay for an unboxed system with s video,stereo,unibios and led?

Spion

New Challenger
I already got mine I want to do the s-video mod need some help. I've only ever modded a saturn long time ago.

On the other hand I think I got my AES in a great deal. Jap system #90A02376 no box, 2 sticks, Sengoku Super Sidekicks, Baseball stars Pro, for $158.:multi_co: It missing power cable. Guess I should ask on here to find one, looks to be different that the cd power cables.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The Mega S-video mod is probably not easy for people just beginning but the Neobitz s-video encoder is EASY to install.