Price Check: AES SS3, Ninja Combat, WH2, Robo Army

ifkz

n00b
Hi fellow AES fans! I have been away from collecting the AES for about a year now, the last game to come into my collection was Art of Fighting 2 in January of 2014. I got a few Neo Geo CD games since then, and I have been wanting to give the AES a few new titles too. I spent all day with price lists and auctions to try and see what was left in the lower price range (sub $100 each) nowadays.

I wanted to check with the community before I did anything. Please let me know if these prices are way off or if I missed anything that is neat and cheap!

Samurai Shodown III/Samurai Spirits III ($75) - I own parts 1 and 2 on the AES, this one seems to be the last affordable game in the series. I can't find any copy at this price that is not missing the manual

Ninja Combat ($58) - One of the launch titles, the first Neo beat-em-up. I don't care for the art style, but it seems to play great. I also never knew it had different selectable characters as you rescued them after each level. This price seems to be the best, even beating out our own Neo Store here. This would be the first title I purchase.

World Heroes 2 ($45-$50) - This seems to be the best part of the series on the cheap end. A solid, well regarded part of the library that has fun with the fighting genre.

Robo Army ($100) - probably well out of my league price wise. Looks fun, the best at this price is a loose cart :(

That's all I can find! I have one loose cart in my AES collection: The Last Blade (1). I found one of the early soft cases for storage, is there a good option for a slip cover for it? I am looking for something a bit better than the taped together cover I ended up making. Different art from an original cover would probably be best. Any printing folks/websites/resources?

Any final free advice or buying tips? I don't want to add to the 'bay insanity that other recent posts have mentioned.

My AES collection:
KOF 2000
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Spirits II
King of the Monsters
Art of Fighting
Magician Lord
Sengoku
Last Blade
Cyber Lip
Nam1975
ASO II
Blue's Journey
Ghost Pilots
Super Spy
Art of Fighting 2
Super Baseball 2020
Fatal Fury Special

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Last edited:

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I would skip Samurai Spirtits 3 when you allready have 1,2 for 75dollars you can find japanese FF3 or FF realbout. WH2 like 40$ shipped max.

pmoniez

n00b
I would go for ninja combat. You can still get nos copies cheap enough. It's a shit game but in a good way, like watching sharknado.

ifkz

n00b
Whoo! I can cross WH2 off of my short list :) Are there any good vendors that I am missing besides the obvious 'bay and the Neo Store here?

There seems to be no beating $58 for Ninja Combat, so I suppose that one will be next while I wait for better prices/condition on the others.

Thanks for everyone that has replied so far.