Posting problems...

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
I'm not exactly sure of the intricacies of this BBS, but I've ran into a very unnerving problem twice now.

In responding to one of JHendrix's posts, and in responding to one of ThePunisher's PM's, I got a sort of "limit warning", and my entire post/PM was deleted. Both of the responses were rather long as both discussions ran pretty deep, so I'm sure this played more than a small part in it.

But is there a way to boost the use of emoticons or quote boxes? I know most people on here don't ramble on and on like I tend to sometimes, but I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this problem strike. And let me tell you, it's very disheartening to sink a lot of time and thought and effort into something just to get it wiped out. Makes me leary to post anything at all...

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
when you're posting a long post, keep notepad open and paste it in there before you hit post. that way if the bbs screws up you'll have a backup.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Or you can always hit the "Preview Post" button occasionally while you're typing, to bring up another window that shows all the text you've written so far.

Then you can always copy n paste the displayed text over in case anything should disappear.

I do it all the time, just to look over and make sure of what I write.

*Previews this post after typing*

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
I wrote a rather long PM to someone a day or two back and it dumped mine as well , It acted like it sent it , but when I looked at my sent pm list It just wasnt there.

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
never mind I had made a mistake ,my post is still up ,it was a different thread loco

<small>[ June 29, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: candycab ]</small>