Possible revival of Fan Scene

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
This isn't a publicity stunt or an ego trip, and certainly not an attempt at fishing for compliments by making this post, but I have some questions....

Anybody here remember Fan Scene? That Neo Geo/Turbo Duo site that me, The Reverend 330 Mega, Mouse Master, Gui Long, and a string of other people used to work on a couple years back? Just last night The Rev and I started kicking around the idea of bringing it back. Before we start taking the idea too seriously, I was wanting to get some input out of some of you guys.

1. What would you like to see in a Neo Geo/Turbo Duo webzine/fan site?

2. What don't you want to see? In other words, what could possibly turn you against a particular site?

Any and all opinions and ideas are appreciated, and thanks in advance. :cool:

Well seeing as how I just never got into the Pcenginefx.com scene due to it's odd user interface, (although I applaud Mr. Nanto for all his hard work) and the fact he took down the comparisons section where the entire "Lords of Thunder" MP3 musical score vs. eachother between the PCE Duo version and the SEGA CD version... I'd have to say I for one am all for seeing a new site on the PCE DUO/TG-16 scene as well as the Neo:Geo.

Sounds like a great plan Lou! You've got one person behind you as of right here. And with me (and those who participate) covering the MegaDrive/Genesis, possibly our two sites should hotlink/affiliate as well?

GO FOR IT! HEART AND FIRE, HEART AND FIRE!!!

Q

qube

Well Lou, I'm sorry to say that I am not familiar with your original site, but I can say that I am always in favor of a good new site to visit on a regular basis.

The only 2 things that I look for to keep me comming back to a site are one or both of the following:

1) Regular updates, I.E.-daily or every other day

2) Forums, if that fits into your plan wink

Looking forward to see what happens with it man, you have my support as well :)

Marq

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Thanks for the kind words and ideas everybody.

As for the forums idea, we made a feeble attempt at that a little while before the site took a hiatus, but they never caught on even slightly. I'm not sure about The Rev, but personally, I can't see a need for Fan Scene to have forums, especially considering you've got great forums here, S-C.com, and at pcenginefx.com.

And MegaDrive, I must say I'd be proud to have our sites affiliated. You've got a serious love for gaming, and going on your posts, it's definitely going to show in your site as well. buttrock

Qube, thanks for your suggestions, but I'll have to tell you now a daily update is going to be about as likely as Square selling off their entire Final Fantasy franchise to THQ. I can say though that once the site get's rolling again we'll update as often as we get a bunch of new material to show everybody. The Rev and I both think it's better to hold out on updating until there is a bunch of new material at a time, as opposed to trickling items here and there forever.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to let everybody know that we've always thought of Fan Scene as a site "For the fans, by the fans" (kinda' reflects in the name :p ), and on that note, if anybody wants to contribute something, let me know. Reviews are always nice, but don't limit yourself to just that. If you have something to contribute pertaining to the Neo Geo and/or Turbo communities, be it art work, system reviews, cos-play pics (no fat bitches wink ), strategy guides, whatever, sound off.

Thanks again. :cool: