Possible lead on an undiscovered Neo proto: Ninja Ryukenden/Gaiden 2

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Then it might be better to not mess around with it all seeing as even the earths magnetic field could possibly damage it.
Or just take your chances, fingers crossed.
The stuff is probably over twenty years old, good chance the data might already be corrupted (also depends on how it was stored of course, I've seen 25+ year old floppies still working perfectly)

I doubt this will lead to anything useful anyway.

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It's a damn shame this game might never be recovered but maybe it's for the best. Last thing I'd like to see is another god damn diggerman.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a damn shame this game might never be recovered but maybe it's for the best. Last thing I'd like to see is another god damn diggerman.

Diggerman was a homebrew it was never tagged as an official game. Don't forget about Totc, that was the biggest lie of a proto that robbed the community affecting more than 100 people.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Diggerman was a homebrew it was never tagged as an official game. Don't forget about Totc, that was the biggest lie of a proto that robbed the community affecting more than 100 people.

TOTC makes Club Drive for Jaguar look like a masterpiece.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
you never play at Club Drive for say that XD

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
just gonna leave this right..

here..

Spoiler:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Yeah but i have totc on neogeo cd and Club drive in Jaguar...
i test this two game, and totc is better (and it's not very easy because all video game could be better than club drive...)

Who speak of E.T. 2600 ?

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
My two cents:
Sometime in the past I worked in an international business as digital security responsible and we had encrypted disks. We had a problem with fire and one computer got burnt. We sent the hard disk to a place (I think "recoverylabs") to get the data. The did everything completely safe and uncorrupted. There's specialized business that really know what to do, in sterilized rooms and with all the warranties. That would be a safe bet. They just charged like 130 eur or so.

I could do it by myself also since I have the knowledge and a room full of obsolete hardware, if the disk is not mechanically damaged. But obviously the shipping is also a big risk, better the first option.

Zonks678

n00b
I have never heard of this prototype before. This might be a rumor without any screen shots. I wonder why information hasn't surfaced about this title before now. A Ninja Gaiden style of game other than Ganryu? I think there is a magazine with Karate Ninja Sho which is a brawler such as Mutation Nation and Burning Fight. I would be intersted in seeing it in action if more information about it surfaces. I am not saying it doesn't exist but am surprised by its existence.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There usually is a reason why these protos are unreleased. Expecting quality is probably too much to ask for.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
you never play at Club Drive for say that XD

I owned Club Drive at one point and I stand by my comment. Club Drive, one of the very worst video games ever published, is a better game than TOTC. ET 2600 is more entertaining and complete than both.

powerflower

Banned
Yes because its so super complicated to dump disks, only luke "my wife left me again" morse can do it.

Say what? Where did you get that one? Google searched it, nothing.
Thought I've heard some baby crying in some of his latest vids, I'm not sure though. Also not too long ago in comment section someone congratulated him that he's back with his wife again.

On the other hand it wouldn't surprise me, this guy spends way to much time with repairing, collecting, making YT vids and correspondency with millions of people.

Sorry for of topic:)

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It happend in the past and he made a whiny video about it. He's also just a hack who sold X68000's with Macintosh video adapters which obviously didn't work and apparently killed the video boards on those X68000.
Yes, truly the technical genius you need to extract those disks... :rolleyes:

powerflower

Banned
Ok, thanks for answering. I just asked because you said this happened again and yes I saw that vid (2009 I think), truely lame. But this X68000 thing doesn't suit him well as far as I assess him, must have been a great misstake by him. I think he is a nice guy just with wrong priorities. But yeah I get your point.

Back on on topic, i really wonder if there are some pics of this scrolling beat 'em up, love them. Wait, I have some old Japanese Gamest arcade magazines 1994-1995, if I'm lucky I'll post them here immediately:)

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ok, thanks for answering. I just asked because you said this happened again and yes I saw that vid (2009 I think), truely lame. But this X68000 thing doesn't suit him well as far as I assess him, must have been a great misstake by him. I think he is a nice guy just with wrong priorities. But yeah I get your point.

Well how about not selling shit without making sure it really works? Especially retarded because those X68000 don't exactly grow on trees in the west. He's just a hack.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I would think that the best plan would be to get a PC98, or whatever other hardware is necessary to "extract" the magnetic media, into the hands of an accomplished tech who is also knowledgable about Neo Geo specifically. The data may be encrypted somehow, and someone familiar with C and P roms, and all that stuff, needs to know how to "reassemble" the data into workable/playable Neo code... I am sure many on this site (myself included) would contribute to a fund to secure the necessary hardware for whoever is up for the task, that shouldn't be a roadblock here I would think.

Hmm contribute to a fund

unreleased : check
stored and confined: check
Neo Geo related: check
no proof or screenshots: check
milking people big bucks: check

hey I've seen this movie before yeahh!:buttrock:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Hmm contribute to a fund

It is difficult to wrap my head around what you are insinuating.

My suggestion to contribute to buying hardware for someone else to use to dump a game that I don't have for the community is "milking people big bucks" to use your words?
Is that it? I just want to be clear.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Hmm contribute to a fund

You're a fucking idiot if you're trying to peg something as retarded as this on Geddon.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
mastamuzz is probably just dick riding the AF3 hate train some more. I think that has been his only contribution to ng.com.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
sorry but I been absent for too long almost 6 months and the first thing I see is this as soon as I come back, you have to admit my mind is still set on that thread, I have to start reading then, sorry again keep doing what you were doing nothing to see here!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
sorry but I been absent for too long almost 6 months and the first thing I see is this as soon as I come back, you have to admit my mind is still set on that thread, I have to start reading then, sorry again keep doing what you were doing nothing to see here!

No offence intended :D