Played Half Life 2 yesterday but... (plus a few other things)

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
stopped after about 20 minutes to play Metal Slug 3.
This still amazes me, that even a game like Half life 2, problably one of the most technicaly amazing PC game, can not compete with Metal Slug 3 for my attention.

( Now, very, very clear as to not confuse anyone :shame: )

Leads to my question, as I am kind curious about a couple of things:

With Neo Geo carts, what is your main pleasure; old school games or the new games like KOF3, does MEtal Slug 5 have the same charm as Metal Slug 3?

For you, do Neo Geo games serve as collectable show pieces and not much more.
Do you play Neo Geo because it reminds you of going to the arcades when you were 13, do you play and collect these games simply because you think it is cool.
Or is it a bit of all the above.

Sorry, thought I would get all my questions all in one post - I would not want to junk up the board. This, I can not condone, even for myself.

mr_riggs

Geese's Thug
i collect them for the nostalga, these games were made for pure gameplay with no hype unlike most of tadays games.
also i love getting into a conversation with a geek and when the question comes along 'so what systems do you have' i can say neo-geo and a supergun, 99% of the time they have no idea what your talking about.

as for metal slug 5, well it is a good game but was missing that vital 'something' thus slug 3 is much better.

kb9wvv

Overtop Pathfinder
I prefer the old school games. I actually like playing the games. Stick them on a shelf? Not me. Don't get me wrong, I take care of what I have, but I could care less if I had the spanish move stickers for KOF96.

The Neo is great when some friends, who don't play games as much as I do, want to have fun because the games are not overly complicated to play at first. Anyone can easily pick up a stick and start in on the fun.

kanji

Mega Shock!!
Neo games just have great style, artwork and sounds unlike any other platform.

Cartoony graphics make me blush like a japanese school girl!

(Pickup n Play) + (arcade caliber quality control) + (fun factor) = a great time

Do The Math

And it doesn't matter really what slug is better... I for one play whatever slug i'm in the mood for. They are all equally good.

1 for originality
2 if you are drunk and feeling lazy
X for blowing up as much shit as possible
3 for if you want the 'horsepill sized' dose of MS
4 for a decent quality oldschool ride, good bosses and such
5 if you want some good metal soundtrack stuff and want to slide around