Picked Up a Neo 50 but Having Problems With Sound..Help Please!

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
I just picked up a Neo 50(50 inch screen..setup similar to the Megalo 2)and it's definitely a dedicated Neo Cab but when I plugged in my MVS 4 slot the sound was only coming from one speaker and sounded like CRAP!

Does anyone here own one of these?? How do I get the sound to come out correctly without frying anything?

I noticed inside the cabinet that there were 2 plugs(molex connectors) that went into the jamma wiring itself. One said JAMMA and the other said MVS. When I unplugged the jamma molex connector and left the mvs one connected I got no sound. So I left it. When I unplugged the MVS connector(I assume that's what it was)and left the jamma connector plugged I got sound but distorted. When both are connected the sound is still the same(distorted)

I know it has to be something simple that I am missing. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!

Oh, and I scored it for $250! Couldn't fit it into my house so I donated it to my local Church/Youth Center. But I still get to play it for free!

Last edited:

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Good score on the cab, man!

OK, what you're going to want to do is follow the harness wiring (with a multimeter's continuity test if you need to) and make sure that your harness is connected the way it purports to.

The distorted sound you are referring to sounds like what happens when you plug an MVS pinout (e.g. a 4-slot) into a JAMMA harness. An easy solution would be to get a mono-only 1-slot and plug that in with the JAMMA connection.

I don't own nor have I seen one of these cabs, but I can only assume that the JAMMA and MVS connections are intended for JAMMA or MVS boards. (Seems self evident.) Since you're getting NO sound off a 4-slot using the MVS molex connections, I have to assume that the "MVS" connection isn't hooked up correctly (if at all). Obviously the JAMMA one is working since you're getting the expected distorted sound, so maybe sometime in the life of the cab the owner disabled the MVS connection?

Here are comparisons of the MVS and JAMMA pinouts:
http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/Jamma2NeoGeo4SlotPinout.pdf

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
I will take pics of the arcade cabs guts this weekend.

In the meantime I'll look into the wiring diagram!