offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The WWE has never been very good at developing talent. Nearly every top talent they have ever had was one of the following:

1. First made thier name somewhere else.
2. Had a background in real wrestling.
3. Was a second generation talent
4. Was named John Cena.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Every one of those guys should be retired or working undercard tag matches with the young guys.

The average age of Royal Rumble participants this year was over 39. Only two people under 30 were even in the match. All the recent NXT call ups are over 35.

The Rock and HHH were in their 20s when they got their main event pushes. But WWE sucks so much shit now they can't develop stars at all. They just wait for someone else to develop them and then sign them after they're already used up and broken down.

If the pandemic wasn't happening, I'm not sure the old guys would have the shot. With wrestling be down, everyone is going for nostalgia for a ratings boost. Not very surprising at all.

Don't forget NJPW is on the Roku Channel Wrestle Kingom night one Okada vs Kota from last year.

Pluto shows Impact reruns and there's a new channel showing Defy and other indy stuff.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
If the pandemic wasn't happening, I'm not sure the old guys would have the shot. With wrestling be down, everyone is going for nostalgia for a ratings boost. Not very surprising at all.

Don't forget NJPW is on the Roku Channel Wrestle Kingom night one Okada vs Kota from last year.

Pluto shows Impact reruns and there's a new channel showing Defy and other indy stuff.
Yeah but who really has nostalgia for Savio Vega?

I was surprised that NJPW put up Wrestle Kingdom 2020. It was supposed to be an hour long show with recent content. Maybe that starts next week? But in any case, Wrestle Kingdom for free is good stuff and anyone who didn't watch the show last year should check it out.

Pluto was better for wrestling last year than it is now. Last year they still had the AAA Lucha Libre channel and Fubo Sports Network, which airs MLW Fusion. But then AAA sued itself and torpedoed all of its media deals outside Mexico and Fubo pulled their Pluto channel and put it on their own service, Fubo TV. Now it's just the Impact channel, Stadium which airs ROH, and the indie channel you mentioned on Pluto.

STIRR is a free competitor to Pluto which has a 24 hour ROH channel, but no other wrasslin' content.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That strap match he had with Austin BITD was something else.

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the strap match he had with Richard Holliday on MLW Fusion a couple weeks back. The ending was funny (former NBA ref Tim Donaghy, who went to jail for fixing games, was the ref and he cheated) but the match itself was short and sad.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
8533534797814aebabcddc4a3cfa014e.jpg

Stolen from herb.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wining Japan’s big 3 along with the NWA World’s in his youth-back when it still meant something-is enough for me.

Muta is my all time favorite.

The rest of my top 5, is rounded out by Brody, Hansen, Misawa, and Liger tho...so I admit bias.

6-10 on my top 10 list:

Midnight Express (Sweet Stan and Beautiful Bobby version), Bad News Allen, Hayabusa, and Amazing Kong.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lio Rush is having a good post-WWE run. Appearing for simultaneously for NJPW, AAA, and MLW (literally; due to tape delays he appeared on TV/PPV for all three promotions on the same night) and currently has the AAA World Cruiserweight and MLW World Middleweight titles. And he has a belt in MCW, which is ROH's developmental territory, so it wouldn't be shocking to see him back there either. So he's definitely enjoying the free agent status. As long as he doesn't get injured it's probably going to be a fun ride for him. But it'll suck if he has to miss time and isn't under contract to any of them.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
Wining Japan’s big 3 along with the NWA World’s in his youth-back when it still meant something-is enough for me.

Muta is my all time favorite.

The rest of my top 5, is rounded out by Brody, Hansen, Misawa, and Liger tho...so I admit bias.

6-10 on my top 10 list:

Midnight Express (Sweet Stan and Beautiful Bobby version), Bad News Allen, Hayabusa, and Amazing Kong.

Yeah I agree, I was being sarcastic with the rinky dink belts. Mutoh is one of the greats.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Tom Cole has killed himself at age 50. Cole was the first (but not only) one to come forward with allegations of child molestation and sexual harassment and assault of adult employees against WWE employees Terry Garvin, Mel Phillips, and Pat Patterson.

Cole's brother called out Vince and Linda McMahon by name for enabling this behavior.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So apparently Dwayne Johnson has a semi-autobiographical TV show about his family at different stages in his life.

What I want to know is.... Will there be a Jamie Dundee character?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Chris Jericho's wife was at the Capitol riots walking around with a giant women for Trump flag.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This week's ROH TV was awesome, next week's looks even better
The Briscoes vs La Faccion Ingobernable (Dragon Lee and Kenny King)

ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship:
MexiSquad (Bandido, Flamita, Rey Horus) (c) vs Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses, Kaun)

We were supposed to get this title match at Final Battle but Bandido and Flamita both had COVID issues.

famicommander

15 Year Member
B1iUuKOm

CyberFight held a press conference announcing that their current geezer champs have signed contracts. Jun Akiyama, 51, has signed with DDT and is their KO-D Openweight Champion. Muta, 58, has signed with NOAH and is their GHC Heavyweight Champion. Akiyama is signed for one year, Muta for two years.

Last I heard of Akiyama he was head booker and president of AJPW but obviously that's out the window. 44 year old Kohei Suwama is the current Triple Crown champ. I don't even know who owns AJPW right now.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Ring of Honor 19th Anniversary Show will be March 19th.

The one hour free preshow will start at 8:00 PM Eastern and will air on Honor Club, ROH Best on the Planet, STIRR City, Youtube, Facebook, Fite TV, and any PPV carriers showing the main card.

Main card starts at 9:00 Eastern on Honor Club, Fite TV, and PPV.

Cheapest way to watch is to simply get a month of Honor Club for 10 bucks. Otherwise the PPV will be $20-30 depending on the carrier.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Eli Drake popped up in NXT yesterday and for some reason they changed his name to LA Knight. So cross another name off the NWA roster and add another nearly 40 year old former world champion to the WWE "developmental" roster.

Also Thunder Rosa's husband tweeted the other day that he can't wait until Rosa can be a permanent member of the AEW roster, so she's definitely gone as soon as her deal is up.

So I think all they have is
Nick Aldis - Heavweight champ
Sandow/Aron Stevens - Tag champ and booker of Championship Wrestling From Hollywood
JR Kratos - Tag champ
Elijah Burke - TV champ
Trevor Murdoch - national champ
Jordan Clearwater
Jordan Cruz
Effy
Kamile

The women's champion isn't even signed to NWA, she's just carrying a belt around on AEW TV in exchange for AEW being able to book Rosa.

So their roster is 8 men, 5 of whom have a belt, and 1 woman. And for all we know Cruz, Clearwater, and Effy could already be gone too, they're just not famous enough for anyone to care.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What about Jocephus/Question Mark?

Is he still part of the NWA cabal?

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
B1iUuKOm

CyberFight held a press conference announcing that their current geezer champs have signed contracts. Jun Akiyama, 51, has signed with DDT and is their KO-D Openweight Champion. Muta, 58, has signed with NOAH and is their GHC Heavyweight Champion. Akiyama is signed for one year, Muta for two years.

Last I heard of Akiyama he was head booker and president of AJPW but obviously that's out the window. 44 year old Kohei Suwama is the current Triple Crown champ. I don't even know who owns AJPW right now.

You need the, "geezers" when the young talent cant draw flies and nobody knows who they are.
Noah needed Mutoh to be able to hold an event at the Budokan again. Go Shiozaki wouldn't draw anybody with his knock off Kobashi ass.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If Muto were still such a great draw his own promotion would probably still be in business and he wouldn't be signing with NOAH to begin with.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Not watching but I seent online that Ric Flair knocked up Lacey Evans (in storyline) and rapper Bad Bunny won the 24/7 title.

She's gonna give birth to a hand. And that hand will pin Bad Bunny for the belt. On a pole.

Book it.

Lee_Rekka

Mr. Big's Thug
If Muto were still such a great draw his own promotion would probably still be in business and he wouldn't be signing with NOAH to begin with.

Never said Mutoh was a great draw today, but still better than any of the young talent out there. Besides the Dragon Gate reject Okada, not many young draws in Japan today. Let's see Noah hold a Budokan show without Mutoh.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If Muto had to close his own promotion down and sign with NOAH, it stands to reason that he needs NOAH more than NOAH needs him.