Noob question - Wiring up Atomiswave to run on my Candy Cab running CPS3.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Getting in XI in a few days and the cabinet I am currently running it on is hooked up with 3rd Strike at the moment. The cabinet itself is a "Versus City".

Putting the game in is easy, however configuring the buttons for KOF XI for me at least is not. I want the buttons to go like this:

TOP ROW: a [lp] b [lk] c [hp]
BOTTOM ROW: e [sammy button] d [hk]

A B C
E _ D

As this is the way KOF is set to play here in our arcades. So, how do I do it? I am a noob when it comes to cabs and I dont want to have to call a tech guy to come do such a simple thing.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Does a MVS board run OK in your cab? If it is wired only for CPS3 and has the standar Capcom lay-out:

LP MP HP
LK MK HK

the three top button will work as A,B,C in AW so it's good. However, you'll need to wire the HK button to pin 25 of the JAMMA harness, and the LK to pin 26. Originally those 2 buttons are wired to your kick harness.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well A,B and C are the 3 JAMMA harness buttons.
The D button is hooked up to pin 25 on the JAMMA harness and the E button is hooked up to pin 26 on the JAMMA harness.

Seeing as CPS3 uses a kick harness for the other 3 buttons, you will need to take off the kick harness and add the D and E button wires to two of them and then take out the middle button for it to be as you've sujested.

(don't know if you know this or not)
Each button has a signal and a ground pin, run the signal wire from the JAMMA harness to the signal pin on the button and the other to one of the JAMMA ground's.

If you don't know what things are what on the JAMMA harness you will need to download a JAMMA harness pinout which can be easily obtainable via google.

EDIT: bah, i'm not quick enough with my posts lol...

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
Another Idea is to leave the kick harness and just run a jumper from the standard jamma harness to the d button. You will have to cut the wire and have both wires going to the same button. I did this on my cps3 cab to run d and d cps2, worked awesome, plus you dont have to fumble with cable everytime you swap games.