Non Neo related, I need help with my computer please!

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
Ok Im having some trobles with my new computer i just built. I have two hard drives and a cd rw drive. Im running windows xp. If i try and run some programs that need my cd rom drive it tells me, No aspi device found. This is with burning programs and such. So i went into my controll pannel and then to device manager, and looked at my cd rom drive and my hard drives. It says that my first HD my master one and my cd rom drive are both at location 0 (0) . How is that possible? How can they share the same location? Some one please help me i have know idea how to fix this. I tried to change jumper settings on my hard drives and it still says the same thing.

Thanks
Neofreak696

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
If they are on seperate ide channels than yeah they can both be at 0,0. Of different ide channels.

Thats not your problem, though.

Its typical for you to run into ASPI errors in WinXP. You need to download the ASPI drivers and install them before most, not all, cdr software will function.

Being the swell guy that I am, I will even <a href="http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe" target="_blank">link</a> to the page on Adaptec's site to d/l the ASPI drivers.
:D

edit: Fixed some poor ass speeling

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: broken ]</p>

SNKFreak

Banned
I had a similar problem once, but the ASPI drivers didnt help. I formatted the master disk and re-installed the OS. without my DVD and CD-RW drives plugged in. Then, after the OS was installed, I shut down and hooked up each drive, shutting down between the two. That seperated the ports and everything ran perfectly.

It could be a hardware conflict. Maybe the jumpers on the CD drive were set to master when the OS was first installed, that would cause a hardware conflict.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No problem.

Its a common occurrence in WinXP.